Reporting to the CEO, this new position is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with extensive senior volunteer management experience, signature events expertise and direct marketing experience in the non-profit sector. The VP provides overall leadership to the day-to-day operations of the Signature Events, Direct Marketing and Breast Cancer Canada’s Volunteer Hubs, developing the strategy, delivering and monitoring the annual and long-range planning for all three areas:
- Oversee and expand Volunteer Regional Hubs across Canada that encourage patients’ voices in the research
- Build the strategy to grow and oversee annual signature events
- Drive the growth of direct marketing appeals
Salary Range: $115,000 – $125,000
Posted On: August 24, 2023
Closing On: September 25, 2023
Location: Remote (work from home)
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $115,000 – $125,000
For 31 years, Canada has known them as the Breast Cancer Society of Canada. But just as the research they fund is always evolving, the organization you know has also evolved to become Breast Cancer Canada. What hasn’t changed is their laser-focused commitment to advancing innovative breast cancer research – especially research geared towards precision oncology.
Breast Cancer Canada (BCC) is poised to grow into a national organization with immense impact. The vision of ending breast cancer is one shared by many, especially those whose lives have been touched by breast cancer. The organization realizes that it cannot achieve the dream alone. It needs the generous support of time, talent, and treasure from many to bring the shared vision to life. BCC gets closer to making this vision a reality through each partnership, including breast cancer researchers, patients and families, community members, organizations, volunteers across Canada, Board members, and staff. It is through them and in them that BCC finds its voice, passion, energy, and momentum.
Experience and Skills You Bring
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in the nonprofit sector raising funds through direct marketing and signature events
- Demonstrated success working with volunteers at all levels. Exceptional at relationship management. Comfortable interacting with a variety of diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated success and experience working remotely. Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Significant experience planning and managing complex programs, projects, or marketing campaigns: setting timelines and priorities; analyzing data; working with complex reporting and data sets
- Considerable experience working with vendors
- Experience using database, website/online form solutions, and other software platforms
- Well-developed critical thinking, problem solving, and conflict resolution abilities. Ability to think quickly on their feet, identify resources, and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel 6 – 8 times / year
- A self-starter who is driven by results with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Diplomatic, able to leave ego at the door and tactfully, respectfully and collaboratively work with a wide variety of people, altering style based on the environment
- Maturity as an independent worker with experience and proven ability to work well remotely
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Confident and mature with an executive presence and strong emotional intelligence
- Collaborative; a team player and builder with a commitment to creating a positive and inclusive working environment
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma or the equivalent management experience in a related field
- Ongoing professional development
- CFRE designation (is beneficial)
- Experience raising funds for disease/cancer charity
What Breast Cancer Canada Offers You in Return
- Compensation range around $115,000 – $125,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Opportunity for growth in this small, growing, fast-paced and impactful organization
- Strong health benefits including drug, vision and dental
- A health spending account
- Remote/virtual office environment in a national organization
Breast Cancer Canada is strongly committed to diversity within its staff, Board and volunteers, and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons living with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
This search is being conducted on behalf of Breast Cancer Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting for Canada’s non-profit sector.
Key Contact: Heidi Stock – email@example.com
By September 25, 2023, please visit https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-270 to submit your cover letter and resume in two separate PDF or Word documents.
Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.