The Scott Mission is a thriving and growing organization. With a major campaign about to begin and plans for significant growth in compassionate programs there could not be a more exciting and impactful time to consider a career with The Scott Mission.
The Development & Marketing Department is a team of committed and high performing professionals looking to expand their expertise over the next 18 months. The Senior Manager, Major Gifts and Senior Manager, Philanthropy will join an integrated team of fundraising experts, working together to achieve common goals and financial outcomes that will result in changed lives.
Senior Manager, Major Gifts – The purpose of the role of Senior Manager, Major Gifts is to secure major gifts for The Scott Mission by managing relationships with a group of assigned and qualified donors (150 donor portfolio), understanding their giving interests, nurturing strong positive relationships with donors and ensuring donor retention and upgrading of their giving and engagement. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the successful candidate will work directly with donors and collaboratively with other staff including: the Executive Team, Directors of programs, and consultants working with The Scott Mission.
The Scott Mission is a Christian ministry of mercy and love. It aims to meet the needs of people with love and compassion and seeks to bring spiritual, physical, and emotional wholeness to their lives. Our Vision Prayer is Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond.
The Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization responding to the needs of the poor, homeless, abandoned and vulnerable of all ages. Based in Toronto, the Mission offers practical, emotional and spiritual support to thousands of people every year.
While religious belief and practice are never conditions for receiving help and assistance, and everyone is welcome regardless of faith background, The Scott Mission is committed to the spiritual well-being of all people through the life and witness of Jesus Christ Their hope is for everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus, and to express this relationship in a life of integrity and in acts of compassion toward others.
The Mission is privately funded and employs over 100 dedicated staff at 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, its Family Centre in East York, the Collingwood Retreat Centre and its Summer Camp in Caledon.
Building on the vision of its founders, The Scott Mission has remained Christ-centred in all its programs and services. It was Morris and Annie Zeidman’s belief that the hunger of the soul needed to be addressed as well as the hunger of the physical body.
Senior Manager, Major Gifts: Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Passion for The Scott Mission’s mission to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that improve the lives of those in need in our community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. CFRE designation secured or working towards
- Demonstrated experience, success and progressive responsibility in major giving fundraising with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising
- Proven ability to interact and influence philanthropic leaders
- Experience motivating and managing high-profile volunteer leadership and senior executives
- Experience providing high-value donor centric experiences
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in database management (preferably RE NXT), Microsoft Office Suite, and other computer skills, as required
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of and operating according to the AFP guidelines & Donor Bill of Rights
- Valid driver’s license or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
- Membership in a Christian church, a clear commitment to live out your faith, and agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Scott Mission
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to The Scott Mission Statement of Faith
- Compliance with The Scott Mission policies and practices
This search is being conducted on behalf of The Scott Mission by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by June 14, 2021, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/. Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the position, please contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.