The Senior Development Officer, Annual Giving supports the success and growth of the Foundation’s Annual Giving and Direct Marketing programs by fostering strong relationships with donors and friends of St. Joseph’s while generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations. This is a full time position that reports to the Director, Database, Donor Services and Annual Giving.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton — an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
With the increasing pressures upon our healthcare system, the roles of philanthropy, partnerships and investments from our generous community of donors and friends are more important than ever. As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individual, corporate and foundation donors, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital, and the wider community as a whole to raise funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care. Join us on our inspiring mission to support Hope, Healing and Discovery at St. Joe’s.
In collaboration with the Database, Donor Services & Annual Giving team, the Senior Development Officer, Annual Giving will:
- Oversee the development and execution of various integrated annual giving campaigns using direct mail, e-philanthropy, community lottery, digital marketing and in-hospital initiatives to support annual donor acquisition, reactivation and renewal
- Develop and support event and tribute supporter conversion strategies
- Cultivate, solicit and steward mid-level giving prospects
- Oversee and enhance the in memoriam and tribute giving program
- Engage with the Hospital’s Grateful Patient audience through direct mail and direct marketing tactics
- Enhance the e-philanthropy, DIY fundraising and online giving programs
- Develop and support employee engagement and giving campaigns at the Hospital
- Build relationships with local companies/employers to grow employer matching gift programs within the community
- Engage with Hospital departments and staff to source donor/patient stories
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and closely monitor revenue and expense targets
- Proactively seek out new initiatives to grow the Annual Giving program to align with the 5-year strategic plan
Collaboration and Cross Functional Relationships
- Work collaboratively with Marketing & Communications to develop In Hospital/Direct Marketing programs to increase community and online engagement
- Work closely with the Manager, Major Gifts and Manager of Estates & Gift Planning to ensure strategic integration of the major, annual, mid-level and planned giving programs to grow the giving pipeline
- Work closely with the Senior Donor Relations Officer to develop stewardship initiatives and foster relationships to enhance the donor journey
- Act as primary contact for mail houses, printing partners, and Canada Post, and coordinate all mass printing/mailings with third party vendors
- This position may be called upon to assist with gift entry and tax receipting duties, and other projects to further the mission of the Foundation
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant discipline
- 4+ years of progressive fundraising experience with proven success overseeing an Annual Giving portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to strategically implement programs and manage competing priorities
- Excellent writing skills and experience in creating compelling direct mail appeals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software
- Strategic thinking, attention to detail and strong program management skills
- Ability to work as a team player and be solutions oriented
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Deadline for Applications
April 2, 2021
Please e-mail resume and cover letter with heading ‘Senior Development Officer-Annual Giving’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility for all candidates. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.