The Communications Associate is a full-time, 13 month contract position that reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton — an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
With the increasing pressures upon our healthcare system, the roles of philanthropy, partnerships and investments from our generous community of donors and friends are more important than ever. As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individual, corporate and foundation donors, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital, and the wider community as a whole to raise funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care. Join us on our inspiring mission to support Hope, Healing and Discovery at St. Joe’s.
Specific Responsibilities of the Communications Associate
The responsibilities of the Communications Associate will be project-based and may include:
- Providing communications support across all departments at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation including annual giving, special events & community partnerships, development and major gifts, and finance and administration
- Participating in team meetings and strategy sessions with the Public Affairs Department of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton to ensure Foundation and Hospital messaging is always aligned and integrated seamlessly
- Composing compelling stories and articles of varying length and content for Foundation communication vehicles including: internal and external e-newsletters, annual reports, publications and newspaper supplements/inserts etc.
- Developing suggested speaking remarks for donors and multiple Foundation and Hospital executives for internal and external events and gift announcements
- Crafting key message documents, frequently asked questions summaries, voicemail and email templates for the Foundation Team
- Crafting and/or updating copy and content for the Foundation’s website, the Foundation’s page on the Hospital’s Intranet, as well as for the shared Hospital and Foundation social media channels on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Developing storyboards and scripting for Foundation videos and vignettes
The successful candidate will have the following abilities:
- Diploma/degree in a related communications, marketing or PR discipline and three years of relevant experience
- Superior writing, proofreading and editing skills
- The ability to distill complex information into engaging content for the community
- Microsoft Office Suite & Content Management System (CMS) abilities are key
- Knowledge of social media and communications best practices and emerging trends
- Eagerness and enthusiasm for fundraising communications
- Superior interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the fundraising industry is an asset
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Deadline for Applications
April 2, 2021
Please e-mail resume and cover letter with heading ‘Communications Associate’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility for all candidates. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.