SJK is seeking a highly motivated and committed Associate Director, Advancement. The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of alumni and advancement plans and strategies. The Associate Director will support the implementation of the overall Advancement Plan which includes building on SJK’s culture of philanthropy and engaging all members of the SJK community.
Posted on: 6/18/21
Location: Breslau, ON
Employment Type: Full time
Level: Intermediate Level
St. John’s-Kilmarnock School (SJK) is the leading co-educational independent school in the Waterloo Region of Ontario. The School, which was founded in 1972, is located on a beautiful 36-acre, natural campus, offering enriched educational programming for day students from JK – Grade 12 and international boarding students from Grades 9 – 12 through our accredited International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme. The School’s co-ed Boarding Residence is located in close proximity to the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University.
SJK offers a world of learning where we embrace innovation, diversity and internationalism. We have dedicated and inspirational educators, attentive to the needs of individual students and their families. Our expectations are high; students are encouraged to find balance through academics, sports, arts, service and leadership. As the only accredited IB World Continuum School in Southwestern Ontario, our students love to learn, and graduate as confident, well-rounded individuals fully prepared for post-secondary education and life beyond. Our graduates take their passions to the world as leaders and global citizens.
SJK is seeking a highly motivated and committed Associate Director of Advancement. The incumbent will report to the Director, Advancement and be responsible for the delivery of alumni and advancement plans and strategies. The Associate Director will support the implementation of the overall Advancement Plan which includes building on SJK’s culture of philanthropy and engaging all members of the SJK community. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and innovative team player who appreciates working in a collaborative environment, dedicated to the highest standards.
The role will involve building engagement with SJK’s communities through the creation and delivery of communications and a variety of events. This includes annual campaign appeals, solicitation appeals, event plans for targeted constituents including the 50th Anniversary in 2022; content and design for social media; electronic and print production that include newsletters, special reports, engagement campaigns, and website updates. A high level or organization is required to successfully deliver events and manage priorities as well as to generate reports from the Raiser’s Edge database.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to fundraising, development, and community relations such as communications, marketing or business administration;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role in the not-for-profit sector;
- Demonstrated record of progressively responsible work in the areas of non-profit development and advancement, and community and alumni relations;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience building and executing successful social media campaigns;
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with fundraising policies, governance and practices and donor engagement;
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with event coordination;
- Exceptional organizational abilities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases: certification in Raiser’s Edge is an asset;
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to make sound decisions within scope of position, with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends;
- Some travel may be required;
- Independent school experience is an asset;
- A positive, enthusiastic approach to alumni and fundraising activities
- Collaborative and solution-focused, with a passion for building relationships and community
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- A proven ability to build a rapport with all members of the school community
- A dedicated team player with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn, and commitment to personal growth and development
Start Date: August 2021
Full Time Position
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to forward by email a letter of application and a résumé to Cheryl Boughton, Head of School by Friday, June 18, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SJK is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for professional development in a vibrant, collegial work environment.
While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interviews. As a condition of employment, a vulnerable sector screening will be required.