Shalom Manor is seeking an experienced and motivated fundraising professional, a Director of Development, who will manage the operations of the fundraising department, including the annual and planned giving programs, and be responsible for achieving a portion of the capital campaign goal.
Posted On: 2021-08-03
Closing On: 2021-09-17
Location: Grimsby, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
When Shalom Manor Grimsby was established as a Christian home for the aged in the 1970s, our founders, the joint Classis of Hamilton-Niagara of the Christian Reformed Church, envisioned a second location in the Hamilton area to provide services to our elderly in communities further west, such as Burlington and Brantford.
Shalom Manor, Mount Nemo Christian Nursing Home and Wellingstone Christian Home share the vision to develop a Christian home that will feature different levels of care on the same campus, blessing our parents and grandparents well into the future. Located at 1411 Upper Wellington Street, Hamilton, the new home will be part of a Campus of Care that serves the Dutch immigrant and Reformed Christian communities. Together we praise the Lord for His blessings and faithfulness as this new project progresses.
The innovation and scope of this project will be supported through a $22 million capital campaign to ensure the new Shalom Manor Hamilton becomes a reality for our organization and future residents. Our goal is to be a spotlight for elder care in the province, ensuring dignity, care and respect that should be showered upon our elders.
Shalom Manor, working with Professional Campaign Consultants, has successfully completed a Community Assessment and Planning Study and is currently in the Planning Phase of a capital campaign. We are poised to launch the active phase of the $22 million campaign in the near future. To this end, we are seeking an experienced and motivated fundraising professional, a Director of Development, who will manage the operations of the fundraising department, including the annual and planned giving programs, and be responsible for achieving a portion of the capital campaign goal.
What you need to succeed (Qualifications)
- 9 years direct fundraising experience, with minimum 7-9 years of experience in major gift fundraising
- Demonstrated relationship management skills and proven track record of working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a team, in a goal-oriented environment
- Advanced computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Results-oriented and a creative thinker
- Fundraising experience, knowledge and connections in either Hamilton Region and/or Niagara Region a definite asset
- At least 3 years of experience in a managerial capacity
- Experience using Sumac software, or other CRM, a definite asset
- University graduate in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise
- CFRE designation a definite asset
Salary range: $80,000 – $100,000 commensurate with experience
This search is being conducted on behalf of Shalom Manor by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your application by September 17, 2021, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the position? Contact Janice Wooster at email@example.com or 416.388.4049 / 1.866.647.5149.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.