The Senior Search Consultant is responsible for managing a portfolio of recruitment assignments, helping our clients to identify, attract, hire, and retain professional staff for a variety of positions and a variety of levels.
Location: The Senior Search Consultant will be home-office based, with periodic travel to KCI and/or client offices for meetings and interviews. Schedule flexibility is necessary in this role to accommodate candidate and client availability for meetings and interviews. We are specifically seeking a consultant based in the GTA (or within reasonable travel distance), Ottawa, or Montreal. Salary Range: $95,000 – $115,000
Posted On: February 13, 2024
Closing On: March 29, 2024
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $95,000 – $115,000
We are Canada’s leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search.
Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. With our 40 years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars. We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including Fundraising Counsel & Campaigns; Assessments & Strategy Development; Research & Analytics; Communications & Case Development; and Executive Search & Talent Services.
In doing that work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours and our clients’. We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative respectful relationships with colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and live them every day.
At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and charitable sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members. And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
As a firm, KCI has a strong commitment to equity and inclusivity. We are proud that our own staff represents various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, sexual orientation, age, education, physical abilities, and language.
We welcome interest from candidates who bring lived experience as a Black, Indigenous, or other racialized person, a person with disabilities, or an LGBTQ2+ person.
ABOUT KCI, SEARCH + TALENT/
KCI’s Search + Talent Practice works exclusively with Canadian non-profits, charities, associations, and public sector organizations. We help clients build capacity and impact by supporting their efforts to find, retain, and develop their leaders and team members.
We focus exclusively on Canadian client organizations, though many of our searches are international in scope. We work closely with hiring managers, HR partners, Boards of Directors, and a wide range of search committees as advisors and partners in executing each search.
About half of our searches are at the Executive Director/CEO level, while the other half involves seeking candidates at the C-suite/VP level, Director/Manager level, and for specialist roles. We also provide strategy advisory services in recruitment, retention, compensation, and performance.
As KCI Search + Talent Practice continues to grow and thrive, we are adding to our team! We are seeking an individual who is passionate about building organizational capacity by helping to build human capacity.
- Previous experience working in or with non-profit organizations is required.
- Candidates who have been employed in not-for-profit organizations in mid-level or senior roles in areas such as Human Resources, Fundraising/Donor Relations, Marketing Communications, Student Recruitment, Government Relations, Research/Education, or Operations, or have served as an Executive Director/CEO.
- Candidates must have significant experience hiring and managing teams, leading projects, and working collaboratively with others.
- Candidates with a professional recruitment background who have worked with a variety of non-profits, charities, associations, and/or public sector organizations.
Senior Search Consultants deliver exceptional service to our clients and candidates. Specific responsibilities for this role for each client assignment include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing a comprehensive project plan and timeline
- Conducting consultations with client staff members and key members of the community
- Advising on position titles and compensation
- Writing the Executive Brief, and overseeing design and development
- Developing and leading the sourcing strategy and plan, and advising clients on advertising plan
- Undertaking prospective candidate research and outreach; using and updating a recruitment database to track and manage search projects
- Direct, proactive contact with sources and potential candidates, promoting client employment opportunities directly via telephone, email, Linked In, and face-to-face conversations
- Managing candidate lists and materials, in partnership with administrative staff
- Ongoing contact with clients, identifying and sharing challenges, opportunities, and results
- Conducting candidate assessments, providing competency and behavioural feedback to clients
- Participating in and supporting clients throughout the interview and selection process, and facilitating their decision process
- Leading and brokering employment offer and negotiations with candidates
- Conducting thorough reference discussions, and writing reference summary reports
- Performing follow-up and check-ins following placements
- Acting as an ambassador for KCI, participating in relevant conferences and associations
- Promoting KCI’s Search + Talent practice, and the firm in general
- Participating in proposal development and pitch meetings with prospective clients
- Operating with a focus on delivering outstanding client and candidate service at all times
To be successful in this role, the Senior Search Consultant must demonstrate:
- Experience either working in or with a variety of not-for-profit organization and/or association
- Previous experience managing both staff and volunteers; experience as a member of an organizational leadership team would be advantageous, as would experience working with Boards of Directors
- Flexibility in schedule is a necessity for this position
- Our team and clients are nationwide, and meetings, calls, interviews, and travel outside normal business hours are common. As a result, we are happy to be flexible with our employees. Employees are expected to manage their own time and work schedules
- Strong commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility (IDEA)
- An understanding of how unconscious and systemic biases can impact hiring decisions, and a deep desire to support and encourage organizations in increasing IDEA hiring best practices
- Outstanding organizational and time and project management skills, and high attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and collaborate in an efficient manner
- An exceptional work ethic coupled with an internal drive to succeed, improve, and contribute
- Strong self-motivation and discipline, given that you’ll be working from a home-based office
- A naturally collaborative mindset and approach, with a strong desire and ability to build relationships and work well with others internally and externally
- Excellent facilitation skills with the ability to persuasive and influence groups and individuals in a respectful, appropriate manner
- Strong written, listening, verbal and presentation skills in English. If based in Quebec, proficiency in French is also required
- Curiosity about people and organizations, and the conditions that lead to their mutual success
- A personal focus on growth, coupled with the desire to help others do the same
- Strategic mindset, and the ability to quickly and effectively synthesize information, draw parallels and conclusions, and suggest potential solutions
- A deep personal satisfaction from providing high-quality service and exceeding expectations
- Tenacity and persistence coupled with investigation and research skills
- Maturity, confidence, and a high degree of emotional and social intelligence
- Openness and flexibility in thinking, attitude, and style; willingness to share ideas, consider other perspectives, and consult with colleagues
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, and a can-do attitude
- Consistency, dependability, honesty, and loyalty
- Impeccable professionalism, integrity, and judgement, including exceptional confidentiality
- A passion for and commitment to the not-for-profit sector and the positive impact that client organizations have on society
- Proficiency with technology, including Word, Excel, Linked In, Zoom/Teams, and databases
- Bilingualism, French/English language is an asset if the position is located in Ontario, however a necessity if the position is located in Quebec
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required, and well as comfort flying in Canada. Occasional overnight travel is expected
The salary range for a Senior Search Consultant is $95,000 – $115,000. KCI provides employees with salary, comprehensive health and dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, vacation, and sick/personal days. We also provide ongoing professional development opportunities; a donation matching donation program of up to $2,000 per employee, per year; and a RRSP matching program. On top of that, and perhaps more importantly, we have a flexible, collaborative work culture that our employees appreciate.
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients and for KCI.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should please send their resume and letter of interest to Ellie Rusonik, Senior Vice President/Lead, KCI Search + Talent via email at SearchConsultant@kcitalent.com.
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, early submission is appreciated.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. KCI will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation, please inform the manager listed above.