The Senior Manager, Fund Development at Street Haven holds the principal role of securing funds to support programs for women and the shelter. This includes securing grants, major gifts, corporate sponsorship and other philanthropic funds to support Street Haven and the hundreds of women served each year. The Senior Manager, Fund Development must be committed to the mission and vision of the organization.
The Senior Manager, Fund Development is a member of the Management Team at Street Haven and reports to the Executive Director. The organization is unionized, but this position is not.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $90,000 (commensurate with experience)
Posted On: October 24, 2022
Closing On: November 21, 2022
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 – $90,000 (commensurate with experience)
Street Haven at the Crossroads offers pathways for women experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness, through a variety of integrated services including an emergency shelter, supportive housing, addiction services and a learning centre.
Street Haven’s services include:
- A 28-bed shelter and a 47-bed temporary hotel shelter which provides basic living needs including safety, meals, clothing, hot showers, access to medical support and counseling to help people rebuild their lives.
- Supportive Housing accommodations for 32 women in three different downtown Toronto locations. Residents, who may be recovering from trauma, addressing mental wellness challenges or substance abuse issues, learn to set their own goals, live independently and become active community members. A variety of workshops and programs are offered to enhance life skills and communication.
- Addiction Services – Grant House is a six-month, 10-bed residential treatment program for women with substance use issues.
- The Street Haven Learning Centre provides free training with a flexible, women-centred approach. Two unique programs – Literacy and Basic Skills and Pre-Employment support women’s educational, employment and independence pathways. In addition, there is access to eight computers in the lab with internet, Microsoft suite and self-directed learning programs.
What You Bring to the Role
- Relevant experience (5 years+) successfully raising at least $400k in funds annually in the non-profit sector in a like-sized organization
- University degree or College Diploma in Philanthropy, Fundraising Management or a suitable combination of experience and education
- Proven fundraising success with individuals, corporations, foundations and community organizations, including securing gifts-in-kind, sponsorship for signature events and leveraging CSR
- Out-of-the-box thinker; creative and able to bring fresh strategies and ideas to fruition
- Ability to effectively and passionately communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of audiences
- Experience and success in securing gifts of $5,000+, including developing a pipeline, prospect research, creating cases for support, moves management, and stewardship
- Collaborative leadership skills, donor-centred, and a team player
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, dynamic, proactive, and professional with the ability to manage numerous projects
- Understanding of, and experience with, best practices in operating and meeting the statutory and regulatory obligations of a non-profit organization within Ontario and Canada
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills including Power Point, Excel, Word, CRM software, and social media
- CFRE designation or related professional certification
- Experience working in a unionized environment (this position is not unionized)
- Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Able to work some evenings and weekends to attend meetings and events
- Vulnerable person check
What Street Haven offers you:
- Salary: $70,000-$90,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Excellent benefit package including RRSP retirement savings plan
- In addition to holidays: 12 Sick/Personal days, three Wellness Days, two Religious days, one birthday
- There may be the potential to work several days a month from home
This search is being conducted on behalf of Street Haven by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting fundraising leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
To submit your application by November 21, 2022, please visit http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
Questions about the position? Contact Joanne Ticknor at 416.738.8993 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.