The Senior Manager, Events & Community Partnerships is responsible for achieving annual fundraising targets for Second Harvest events and peer-to-peer portfolio. With a strong background in event sponsorship sales, account management, and event strategy and implementation, you will lead your team by example as you provide strategic insights and execution. They will provide leadership and management to our events and peer-to-peer fundraising team and together will plan, recruit, and execute all event-related fundraising initiatives across Canada. Internally this position will support non-fundraising internal events such as the AGM and Awards Celebrations.
We are looking for a strategic, efficient team player who can hit the ground running and work collaboratively to build and deliver successful partnerships.
Salary Range: $80,000 -$85,000 plus benefits
Posted On: September 26, 2023
Closing On: October 15, 2023
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director, Strategic Partnerships
Time required on site: 40% (approximate)
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and is a global thought leader on perishable food redistribution. We operate at the intersection of hunger relief and environmental protection, tackling food loss and waste through food redistribution, research, awareness, and education, continually innovating, and collaborating to ensure a more sustainable planet. We work with thousands of food businesses from across the supply chain utilizing logistics and technology to reduce the amount of edible food going to waste, thereby diverting unnecessary greenhouse gases from entering the environment.
- Engage in strategic planning activities in collaboration with the Director, Strategic Partnerships to identify and implement event, sponsorship, and peer-to-peer fundraising goals and objectives.
- Accountable for event operations, logistics, and event team management to deliver an incredible donor experience.
- Design engaging event opportunities that appeal to prospective and existing donors.
- Manage sponsor relationships and develop customized proposals to achieve fundraising and sponsorship revenue targets for signature events including The Rescue Party and Truck Pull.
- Oversee the achievement of community/third-party event revenue targets through the development of new and existing partnerships.
- Accountable for the success of the peer-to-peer team in their recruitment efforts including developing processes to support the team in identifying and engaging new prospects, maintaining accurate prospect lists, and tracking progress toward recruitment targets.
- Collaborate with interdependent teams like Corporate Partnerships, Individual Giving, Foundations, Food Recovery, and Volunteering to achieve fundraising targets and deliver innovative events.
- Oversee Events staff and ensure the successful execution of all Second Harvest events, including signature events, Annual General Meeting, donor and volunteer appreciation events, and peer-to-peer events.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to execute partnership deliverables, ensuring all contractual obligations are delivered accurately and on time.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing and promotional campaign (along with associated collateral materials).
- Develop and monitor revenue and expense budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Analyze event and peer-to-peer fundraising program results, leveraging data to make recommendations for campaign improvements and identifying new opportunities for growth.
- Participate in speaking opportunities to enhance campaign activation and fundraising efforts.
- Identify and cultivate opportunities for corporate partnerships outside of peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Support the acquisition of high-value prizing for Second Harvest raffles, sweepstakes, and auctions through prospect identification, cultivation, stewardship, and retention.
- Maintain donor records and associated activities in Raiser’s Edge database, ensuring high accuracy.
- Manage direct reports, creating a positive team dynamic and monitoring performance and development goals; mentor, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, evaluate results, and conduct annual performance reviews.
- Act as a key staff member on-site at Second Harvest’s signature events (set-up, execution, and teardown).
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the organization’s overall goals.
- Passionate: You are inspired by the work of Second Harvest and are eager to build on our vision of “No Waste. No Hunger.”
- Partnership Manager: You have a proven track record of success in account management, including managing all aspects of corporate partnerships in either the for-profit or non-profit sector.
- Fundraiser and Events Manager: You have success soliciting donors and prospects for financial and/or in-kind requests. You have also successfully planned and managed multi-faceted campaigns and events, with full ownership of planning, budget, and execution.
- Leader: You are a proven people leader with success managing direct reports in an agile and fast-paced environment. You troubleshoot, think creatively, and help others solve problems.
- Communicator: You are comfortable speaking and presenting to large groups of people, including senior executives. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical: data is your friend. You have strong information and data management/analytical skills.
- Knowledgeable of fundraising best practices (through education, experience, or a combination of the two).
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer committees.
- A motivated self-starter, capable of taking ownership of functional areas and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong proficiency with CRMs (in particular, proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Team Raiser would be considered an asset).
- Physical stamina to meet demands of on-site event execution (being on feet for long hours, lifting, etc.).
- Able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends for special events or during peak periods. Able to travel and have a valid Class G driver’s license (mileage compensated).
For more information about Second Harvest, please visit: Careers | Second Harvest Food Rescue
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before October 15, 2023. Only electronic applications will be accepted: https://boards.greenhouse.io/secondharvest/jobs/4285324006
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-deserving groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.