The Sr. Manager, Community Fundraising & Engagement will be a member of the Fund Development team and will report to the Vice President of Philanthropy. The Sr. Manager will work closely and in partnership with the YMCA’s program leads (Health/Fitness/Aquatics, Childcare and Day Camps, Employment and Immigration Services, Camp Wanakita) to ensure successful planning and execution of digital and direct mail donor appeals and campaigns, member, community and staff fund development engagement strategies, annual fundraising activities and events.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. Will have a natural or training that allows you to communicate meaning persuading people to act. Another key skill for success is the ability to listen with the intent to learn, develop opportunity and take action to building a culture of philanthropy where giving becomes a by-product of a compelling mission and a dedication to relationship building and growth. Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
Posted On: June 13, 2023
Closing On: June 23, 2023
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $65,000 – $80,000
Why work at the Y? Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for personal and professional growth and investments in the health and wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we do:
- Paid Vacation Entitlements that increase with seniority (subject to eligibility)
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Group health and benefits plans (includes medical, dental, and prescription medication, subject to eligibility)
- Generous pension plans with employer matching
- Free YMCA Health & Fitness Memberships
- Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care, Camp, and Child & Youth programs (subject to eligibility)
- Working in consultation with the Vice President of Philanthropy to drive a culture of philanthropy, lead annual giving, establish Community Fundraising & Member Engagement plans, goals, metrics and strategic priorities.
- Strong emphasis on continuing the YMCA’s evolution in digital fundraising and direct response.
- Lead the member, community and staff fund development and engagement plan and execution.
- Work with internal stakeholders to evaluate existing annual fundraising activities and develop strategies and plans that lead to program growth and efficiencies.
- Focus on donor acquisition and cultivation as a pipeline for mid and major level giving, while working closely with the philanthropy lead(s).
- Achieve fundraising targets agreed on between Sr. Manager and VP of Philanthropy.
- In collaboration with YMCA staff, volunteers, donors, support and execute community fundraising activities.
- Work with Marketing and Communication to support member and community engagement and development goals.
- Support sponsorship activities for annual fundraising activities and events.
- Monitor performance according to defined goals and metrics.
- As a member of the Fund Development team, ensure full compliance with all policies, best practices and standards of the association as it relates to professional fund raising and relationship management.
- Foster culture and sincere appreciation for the community development, engagement and volunteerism.
- Create, develop and sustain development activities and programs to ensure life-long community engagement and support.
- Successfully integrate a donor-centered fundraising approach throughout the organization.
- With Vice President of Philanthropy, oversee the budget for this function, providing support in establishing goals, monitoring expenses and reporting on progress.
- Focus on donor acquisition, growing our database of donors, management of donor records in Raiser’s Edge and using data and analytics for decision making.
- Fundraising experience with focus on community, broad-based fundraising, annual giving.
- Understanding of digital fundraising campaigns; experience in digital fundraising programs considered an asset.
- Experience overseeing special events.
- Strategic with an ability to plan for portfolio growth.
- Must be collaborative and a strong team player; a strong relationship builder.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in related field.
- Strong communication skills.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle (mileage to be reimbursed).
- Knowledge of RE, MS Office and donor relationship platforms are considered an asset.
- A strong relationship builder, able to establish trusting and lasting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check as per the Association’s Policy.
Commitment to organization and values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
Cross Functional Awareness
Encourages and promotes a collaborative environment
Creates and inspires a vision for success and remains focused on strategic outcomes
Demonstrates proactive management of risk: financial, new regulations
Strategic Orientation/Forward Thinking
Aware of current social, political and environmental influences and trends
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application, resume and salary expectations by June 23, 2023 to the attention of:
Paul Haddad, Vice President, Philanthropy-Association Services
We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8P 2Z1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)