KBHN is hiring a Senior Director of Philanthropy. In this new and exciting opportunity, the Senior Director of Philanthropy has an important role to play within the Kids Brain Health Network. You will create and implement a new diversified fundraising strategy to raise funds for the KBHN Foundation. KHBN is new to fundraising and requires a knowledgeable fundraising generalist to lead this effort.
Kids Brain Health Network (KBHN) is a national network (of 21 leading academic and research institutions) that puts science to work for children with neurodevelopmental disabilities. It supports cutting-edge research and use evidence-based solutions. Most importantly, it puts kids and families at the heart of what it does. With funding from the federal Network Centres of Excellence (NCE) program and other partners, KBHN has invested over $60 million into 150 projects and research initiatives so kids can live their best lives.
Improving outcomes for children and families
More than 400,000 kids under the age of 14 in Canada live with a neurodevelopmental disability. While there continues to be great advancement in the science of children’s brain health, these discoveries often don’t make it to the children and families who need it. Kids Brain Health Network exists to change this.
KBHN bridges the gap between science and families, connecting Canada’s leading researchers with children who can benefit most from their work to help kids live their best lives. Its research makes earlier diagnosis possible. It evaluates new and effective treatments, find out what works, and explore better ways to support children and their families.
Together KBHN is changing lives!
Since 2010, KBHN has invested millions into research initiatives that are making a real difference. This has been possible because of its collaboration with more than 270 partners, funders and supporters who are dedicated to our shared vision of improving the lives of children living with neurodevelopmental disabilities.
What you bring to the role
- As a fundraising generalist, you bring a minimum of 7 – 10 years of progressive fundraising experience in small fundraising shops
- Experience, appetite, understanding and energy to build an effective fundraising program from the ground up
- A relationship builder, finding and creating new opportunities and building donor pipelines
- Superior planning skills
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes in a results-oriented culture
- Proven track record of success in raising money across 2 – 3 sectors in major/planned gifts, grants, direct marketing
- Comfortable working in a process driven organization with a focus on results
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and stakeholders to leverage their knowledge and networks
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and public speaking
- A self-starter and driven by results
- Dual ability to develop a multi-year fundraising strategy and implement it
- Able to wear many hats in a small organizational environment
- An independent worker with initiative
- Strategic and collaborative; a team player and builder with a commitment to creating a positive and inclusive working environment
- Results oriented
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ongoing professional development in AFP, CAGP and/or AHP
- Experience building a robust fundraising program from “the ground up”
- CFRE designation (is beneficial)
- Experience raising funds across Canada
- Experience raising funds to support research
- Competitive Salary Range – $125k – $135k
- Full-time based on a 2-year term, strong potential for renewal
- Extended Health Care Plan fully paid by KBHN
- KBHN Pension Plan
- Remote working opportunity
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Kids Brain Health Network by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
To submit your application by July 25, 2022, please visit http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
Issues with applying? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information about this opportunity, please reach out to Gina Eisler, Senior Search Consultant, at email@example.com / 647.529.5106 or 1.866.647.5149.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.