Reporting to the Vice President Advancement, the successful candidate is accountable for strategic leadership, planning and daily operational excellence for the Development and Donor Stewardship Division. Leading a team of fundraisers, development officers, researchers and donor relations experts, the Senior Director will be the primary lead with the Vice President Advancement to strategize and implement a comprehensive fundraising campaign, while securing long term sustainable funding for college priorities. Salary Range: $117,597 to $156,795
Posted On: March 20, 2023
Closing On: May 5, 2023
Location: Welland, Ontario
Employent Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $117,597 to $156,795
Located in the heart of the Niagara region – just minutes from one of the world’s most well-known tourism destinations – Niagara College offers more than 130 innovative programs between our campuses in Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Since opening its doors in 1967, Niagara College has grown to become a leader in education and training and one of the most enterprising colleges in Canada.
Applications are invited for the position of Senior Director, Development and Donor Stewardship located at the Daniel J. Patterson Campus. The salary range is $117,597 to $156,795 for a 35 hour work week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership establishing annual and multi-year college fundraising goals and targets
- Builds and leads a high performing team of fundraising professionals, research specialists and donor relations experts
- Leads the development of short, mid-range and long-term plans and strategies to raise philanthropic gifts, gifts in kind and sponsorship revenues that support the college’s strategic plan
- Recommends, implements and oversees the college fundraising strategy and is responsible for measuring success and refining strategy as plans are being implemented
- Works with the Vice President Advancement and the President to engage principal donors and to actively steward them
- Works with Advancement team and others to prepare and present cases for support, gift proposals and other materials to secure principal and major gifts
- Plans, develops and leads the team implementation of an integrated donor stewardship strategy
- Accountability for ensuring updated and accurate donor information and record keeping is maintained
- Responsibility for managing budget over the course of the year
- Master’s degree in a related field of study
- Minimum of eleven (11) years of progressive experience in a senior fundraising leadership role within a large, complex organization, preferably in a post-secondary or public sector environment
- Demonstrated success in managing a portfolio of principal and major gift donors and securing six and seven figure major and principal gifts
- Proven experience building teams and leading with a coaching mindset
- Demonstrated ability to plan and lead comprehensive fundraising campaigns
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and laws including Canada Revenue Agency policies and guidance for registered charities
- Familiarity with various gift agreement instruments and structures
- Proven ability to negotiate and mediate
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is considered an asset
Close Date: This posting will remain open until filled. First candidate review will commence April 10, 2023.
We also provide a balance of on-campus and remote work through our recently introduced Remote Work Policy. As a place-based organization all positions will involve some degree of on campus work.
A Job Fact Sheet is available for review from Human Resources during the posting period. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (original transcripts/credentials).
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services http://www.wes.org/ca/.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community. We offer an inclusive work environment and welcome applications from all qualified individuals who feel they can further enhance campus diversity and equity efforts.
If requested, accommodations will be made to support applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.