The Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation (JBHF) is seeking a collaborative and dynamic self-starter to serve as our Senior Development Officer, Events. Reporting to the Associate Director, Annual Giving and working in close partnership with the entire development and stewardship & communications teams, the Senior Development Officer, Events will support the development and execution of the strategic objectives of the JBHF’s signature events portfolio (which currently includes three signature events each year) to maximize revenue generation and achieve ambitious key performance indicators (KPIs).
Donor-centric and service-oriented, the Senior Development Officer, Events, will work collaboratively with the development and communications & stewardship teams to deliver exceptional signature events while ensuring an unparalleled donor/guest experience, fortifying donor loyalty and maximizing each donor’s journey with JBHF. Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000
Posted On: August 2, 2023
Closing On: August 25, 2023
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000
Contributing to a mission-focused, fast-paced and cooperative team environment, the Senior Development Officer, Events will manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines while living the JBHF values: collaborative, inclusive, innovative, responsive and transparent and team-designed culture code: acccountable, collaborative, fun and respectful.
Demanding, challenging and exciting, this role requires a creative, energetic and relationship-oriented individual with a demonstrated track-record of effective event management, exceptional volunteer support and building and maintaining successful corporate/sponsor partnerships.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
JBH is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for seven (7) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH). We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
The Our New Era Campaign in support of the new JBH surpassed its goal of $60M, raising an unprecedented $65M, enabling the incredible transformation of our Hospital, and having a tremendous impact on our community for generations to come.
With the successful conclusion of the capital campaign in 2019, we are poised to leverage the overwhelming support of the community to support new and emerging priorities which will continue to support our Hospital’s vision of providing exceptional healthcare.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
- In conjunction with the Associate Director, Annual Giving, oversee the development of annual operating plans and associated budgets for the signature event portfolio, establishing and monitoring progress towards established goals and objectives
- Develop and manage the strategy to execute and evaluate a diverse signature event portfolio designed to support the broader strategic objectives of the development program/JBHFFunction as the staff lead for the signature event portfolio, providing excellence in volunteer support and management
- Manage the development and analysis of portfolio key performance indicators (KPIs), providing accurate and regular progress reports
- Work collaboratively with development team colleagues to build and oversee an integrated sponsorship strategy, setting and achieving ambitious KPIs and delivering an outstanding, innovative, and donor-focussed experience through unique activations and benefits
- Work with peers to champion collaboration across the team with a focus on optimizing and maximizing each donor’s journey
- Participate in the development and implementation of systems to identify, research, cultivate and solicit qualified prospects, ensuring best-practice pipeline management practices
- Work with the Manager, Database and Donor Relations Officer to ensure sponsorships, pledges and other gift transactions are processed effectively and efficiently
- Maintain accurate, professional and complete donor records
- Liaise with Foundation and Hospital staff and a variety of external vendors/suppliers
- Support colleagues and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation
- Participate actively as a member of the Foundation team
- Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the JBHF
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or college diploma
- 5-7 years of recent related experience managing complex, large-scale events (e.g. galas, golf tournaments, etc.)
- Demonstrated track record of setting and achieving ambitious fundraising goals
- Well-developed presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or another relational database
- Creative and innovative with a high-degree of professionalism and discretion
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner
- Aligned with JBHF’s values: Collaborative, Inclusive, Innovative, Responsive and Transparent
- Aligned with JBHF’s culture code: Accountable, Collaborative, Fun and Respectful
- CFRE designation is considered an asset
- Healthcare philanthropy or experience in a similar setting preferred
- Access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license
Compensation: Target salary range is $65,000 – $70,000, plus a comprehensive benefits/pension (HOOPP) package and eligibility for annual merit incentive. As part of JBHF’s culture code and commitment to team well-being, JBHF offers modified summer and holiday period scheduling, paid professional development opportunities, social committee events/activities, flex/lieu time and more.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence by August 25, 2023 to:
Associate Director, Annual Giving
This position is open to all Canadian citizens, permanent residents and those legally able to work in Canada. JBHF invites applications from all qualified individuals. JBHF is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Joseph Brant Hospital recognizes that our hospitals and community-based services are provided on the Treaty Lands and Territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and recognize this land as being home and traditional territory to other Indigenous people since time immemorial. We must commit to not repeat past mistakes and to work towards more equitable and respectful relationships with the First Nations, Inuit, and Métis. Acknowledging the territories and the original stewards of these lands is a fundamental responsibility of our organization and part of our commitment to work towards Truth and Reconciliation. Joseph Brant Hospital wishes to respect and honour the original peoples of this land and the histories and lived experiences of these communities.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in the JBHF offices located in the Halton McMaster Family Health Centre Building at Joseph Brant Hospital, 1245 Lakeshore Road, Burlington, ON. JBHF employees are required to attest to having COVID-19 vaccinations.
JBHF thanks all applicants, however, will contact only those selected for an interview.