POSITION TITLE: Senior Development Ofﬁcer, Major Gifts
LOCATION: Toronto – in ofﬁce and temporarily home based due to COVID-19 APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $70,000-85,000
ABOUT STELLA’S PLACE:
Mission: Partnering young adults and professionals to provide a collaborative, innovative model of mental health services.
Vision: Healthy, resilient young adults living the lives they choose.
Values: At Stella’s Place, we fundamentally value the capabilities and contributions of young adults, as we seek breakthrough innovations that beneﬁt our community and society as a whole.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Senior Development Ofﬁcer (SDO), Major Gifts will be responsible for advancing the mission of Stella’s Place by fostering strong relationships with friends, and donors, and will generate philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations by managing a portfolio of donors and prospects.
Fundraising Responsibilities – 75%
- Builds and manages a portfolio of at minimum 50 major gift prospects through the donor giving cycle utilizing principles of relationship/moves management
- Develops and implements donor cultivation/solicitation plans for each assigned prospect
- Creates brieﬁng notes, call reports, proposals, presentations, gift agreements and stewardship reports for portfolio prospects and donors
- Meets/exceeds major gift Key Performance Indicators (i.e. number of moves, meetings and proposals per month)
- Manages strategy and supports major gift activity for assigned fundraising volunteers
- Develops and implements customized stewardship strategies for portfolio donors
- Attends donor and organizational events as required
- Assists in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Development team and Stella’s Place
Administration – 25%
- In collaboration with the Development and Operations teams, sets portfolio annual and long-term revenue plans
- Ensures timely and accurate recording of moves management activity in the donor database
- Prepares weekly/monthly portfolio management reports for the Director of Development and the Board
- Ensures that portfolio donors are recognized according to the donor recognition vehicles and policies of Stella’s Place
Qualiﬁcations & Experience
- University degree or College diploma in fundraising/non-proﬁt management/business or equivalent major gift experience
- Minimum 5 years of extensive relationship building experience in a fundraising environment
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of cultivating and securing major gifts
- Excellent writing, prospect research, communications and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Ofﬁce – Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Strong knowledge of Raise’s Edge or equivalent donor/CRM database
- Strategic Thinker, Attention to Detail and Strong Donor Portfolio Management Skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Stella’s Place
- Knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation affecting charities, and charitable status
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Stella’s Place offers a competitive annual salary and a generous health and vacation package; including comprehensive medical, dental and vision health beneﬁts, 3 weeks vacation and 15 health days annually. Vacation increases after one year of service.
HOURS & REPORTING:
Regular communication, coaching, mentoring, professional development, and evaluation will take place with the Director of Development on a regular basis.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Weekend and evening work will be required occasionally.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND ACCOMMODATION:
Stella’s Place is committed to having a workforce that is reﬂective of the diversity of the City of Toronto in general and of our participants in particular. We strongly encourage applications from racialized persons, indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression and all those who can provide and contribute to diversiﬁcation of perspective at Stella’s Place.
Stella’s Place is committed to hiring practices that are inclusive and barrier free. Stella’s Place will provide reasonable and appropriate accommodation during all stages of the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code in order to ensure the equal and fair assessment of all job applicants. Applicants are asked to make any accommodation request in advance.
Interested and qualiﬁed candidates are invited to submit their cover letter outlining your interest in working with Stella’s Place and how you heard about the position (include speciﬁc website or network) along with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Senior Development Ofﬁcer, Major Gifts by May 31, 2022.
We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.