As the Development Officer across Hamilton, Burlington and Brantford, this individual will work closely with the Senior Manager, Major and Leadership Giving to increase revenues through planned family foundations, corporations and individual giving.
The successful candidate will confidently reach out to individuals, companies, and foundations. They will find it easy to foster relationships with new people and connect with decision-makers of companies and foundations to meet donation targets. With natural or learned skills of listening with the intent of opening doors to new donor markets and individuals. A poised communicator in both written and verbal mediums. Passionate about meeting and exceeding targets to ensure YMCA Hamilton, Burlington, and Branford has the funding needed to make a difference in the lives of others.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000
Posted On: June 19, 2023
Closing On: June 27, 2023
Location: 79 James St South, Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 2Z1
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000
Why work at the Y? Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for personal and professional growth and investments in the health and wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we do:
- Paid Vacation Entitlements that increase with seniority (subject to eligibility)
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Group health and benefits plans (includes medical, dental, and prescription medication, subject to eligibility)
- Generous pension plans with employer matching
- Free YMCA Health & Fitness Memberships
- Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care, Camp, and Child & Youth programs (subject to eligibility)
- Increase the number of planned giving donations through personal visits, as well as regular communication and engagement of planned giving donors through outreach and education and manage relationships with individuals who have included the YMCA of HBB in their estate.
- Working with the Senior Manager and the Marketing and Communications Team, develop and deliver planned giving communications, publications, newsletters and impact reports.
- Develop recognition programs to show honour to and appreciation for the generosity and support from planned giving donors.
- Develop and mature the portfolio of planned giving donors.
- Maintain donor databases, including detailed records of all donor interactions.
- Grant and Proposal Writing, Management & Reporting
- Write effective proposals/applications with exceptional attention to detail and captivating storytelling.
- Manage the grant proposal and reporting calendars and track activities in the project management platform.
- Willing to learn the design and execution of endowment/planned giving programs and capital campaigns
- Strong relationship-building skills, donor cultivation and solicitation experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in fund development and/or achieving financial goals; major and/or leadership giving an asset.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in a related field.
- Ability to think strategically, be outcome-focused and decisive decision maker and have strong communication skills.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle (mileage to be reimbursed).
- Proficient with MS Office and knowledge of donor relationship platforms is considered an asset
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check as per the Association’s Policy.
Commitment to organization and values
Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
Relationship Building and Collaboration
Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
Cross Functional Awareness
Encourages and promotes a collaborative environment
Creates and inspires a vision for success and remains focused on strategic outcomes
Demonstrates proactive management of risk: financial, new regulations
Strategic Orientation/Forward Thinking
Aware of current social, political and environmental influences and trends
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford encourages employees within the Association, as well as those employed within the Canadian YMCA/YMCA-YWCA Federation to submit their application.
Please note that in so doing, the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford reserves the right to contact the applicable YMCA or YMCA-YWCA for purposes of seeking an employment reference throughout the recruitment process.
Please ensure that prior to submitting your application that you have disclosed to your current supervisor, your intention to submit your application. By submitting your application, you understand and agree to allow the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford to contact your current Association.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume, along with salary expectations, by Tuesday, June 27, 2023, attention:
Senior Manager, Planned and Leadership Giving
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.