Do you have a passion for Christian humanitarian ministry and want to be part of incredible life-transforming work?
ERDO (Emergency Relief and Development Overseas) is a registered Canadian charity that serves as the humanitarian agency of the Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada (PAOC). We work in over 30 countries worldwide providing child sponsorship, responding to crises and developing communities. We work with the world’s poorest people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
About the Role
Reporting to the Data Systems and Donations Manager, the Resource Development Administrator provides support to the Finance and Donor Services departments and is part of a team responsible for data entry and donation processing – including preparing bank deposits, gift adjustments, donor inquiries, timely follow-up on lapsed donor payments, and maintaining database records. The ideal candidate will bring experience working with Raiser’s Edge NXT donor management software, possess an understanding of the non-profit sector and have exceptional organizational and customer service skills.
Salary Range: $46,000 – $48,000
Posted On: June 20, 2023
Closing On: August 4, 2023
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Salary Range: $46,000 – $48,000
Gift Processing and Administration:
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming daily mail.
- Processes by batch a high volume of cheques, credit cards, E-transfers, and online donations.
- Ensures donations maintain gift details and are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains a comprehensive filing system of gift records and supporting information.
- Produces and distributes donor correspondence for payment renewals and assists with department mailings.
- Manages email bounce backs, and correspondence opt-in/opt-outs.
- Assists in quality control efforts by providing assistance in database clean ups.
- Following appropriate procedures, creates records for new donors and makes necessary changes or updates to existing donor records, including adhering to Canada Post addressing guidelines.
- Maintains accurate names and constituent relationships for stewardship and donor recognition.
- Protects confidential donor and organization information in a variety of formats including network files, digital images, and physical files.
- Provides excellent donor service as an initial point of contact for donors with gift processing inquiries and requests regarding donations, including general ERDO phone calls and emails from donors.
- Keeps up to date with information on all aspects of ERDO’s current programming and campaigns in order to answer any related enquiries.
Financial Reconciliation and Recovery:
- Assists Manager with audit requests.
- Works with the Finance Department to coordinate accurate deposit information and resolve any gift processing discrepancies, provides backup documentation when needed.
- Completes gift adjustments on payment declines and NSFs, or as requested by Manager and the Finance Department to correct any irregularities.
- Assists with quality assurance of gift entry by identifying and resolving gift processing issues, opportunities, and inconsistencies promptly, contacting donors directly to complete payment of their gift.
- Detail-oriented individual with proven accuracy and ability to audit work, who thrives when working with data.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work effectively, sensitively, and confidentially.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple simultaneous gift and data entry projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skill set, with experience working in a flexible and collaborative small team environment.
- Proven experience in excellent customer service and stewardship skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- A proactive and confident self-starter, with the ability to think critically.
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of ERDO.
- Two or more years experience in a similar role using Raiser’s Edge or comparable CRM.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree preferred.
- High-level proficiency in MS tools including MS Excel and Word.
- Accounting/bookkeeping knowledge an asset but not required.
- Bilingualism (French) an asset
How to Apply For This Role
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line – Resource Development Administrator. In your cover letter, please explain how your application aligns with ERDO’s mission, vision and values.
Please email your resume and cover letter as one .pdf or .docx file.
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is selected.
We thank all applicants and look forward to hearing from you!
ERDO offers competitive pay, vacation, and benefits. We also match pension contributions. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
ERDO welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.