Closing On: 2021-06-14
Location: Waterloo, ON
Employment Type: Contract; one year
The Senior Manager, Donor Relations will be integral to the success of Perimeter’s ambitious vision for the future and attracting the philanthropic support that will make it possible. They will play a pivotal role in developing authentic relationships that truly connect donors with Perimeter’s vision and people. They will create and execute an enhanced program to deliver exceptional personalized stewardship to our major donors and volunteers. They will strengthen connections by recognizing and stewarding all donors in ways that are important and meaningful to them.
This role works closely with Perimeter’s strategic philanthropy team and requires collaboration across the Institute to ensure seamless process, communication, and integration with campaign strategy and Perimeter activities and priorities. Perimeter Institute proudly offers a highly flexible work arrangement with options to work from home, the possibility of a reduced work week, flexible working hours and health benefits. This is a one year contract opportunity and the range of salary for this position is $75,000-$85,000 annually.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Strategy Development and Execution
- Create, manage, and execute an enhanced stewardship program with a focus on exceptional and highly customized individual stewardship plans for top tier donors and a systematic integrated donor relations program to recognize and steward all donors.
- Work closely with, and proactively support, senior leadership and relationship managers to ensure that the program, communications, activities, and events are truly integrated with campaign strategy and goals.
- Assist in the development of funding agreements and ensure the agreement obligations are fulfilled.
- Coordinate and manage, with relationship managers and other Perimeter staff/volunteers, scheduling of stewardship or recognition visits, calls, updates, and events; prepare briefing notes as required.
- Work with the Academic Programs department to manage donor supported student awards.
- Develop metrics and systems to monitor outcomes of donor relations programming and maximize systems efficiencies to ensure accurate and timely gift recognition, record keeping, and pledge fulfillment.
Communication and Events related to Donor Stewardship and Recognition
In coordination with relationship managers and publications, communications, and marketing teams:
- Manage recognition in both print and web-based publications, including donor lists, donor wall and signage, and opportunities for donor stories/profiles.
- Orchestrate and implement ongoing communications/touch points with the donors through the year, taking advantage of existing Perimeter publications, events, activities.
- Coordinate design and production of meaningful, personalized impact reports on a regular basis.
- Collaborate and consult on internal and external publicity and news releases relating to major gift donors.
- Support the planning and execution of top-tier events and integrate donor recognition activities/opportunities into existing Perimeter events where appropriate.
Education, Knowledge and Abilities Required
- Minimum five to six years of experience in development, donor relations, advancement services and/or special events.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop, execute and/or support a complex donor relations program, including recognition and stewardship activities.
- Proven skills and ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, with an emphasis on optimizing efficiencies through strategic use of CRM and other technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with donors and volunteers, varied internal and external constituencies, and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Adept at problem solving.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized, focused and goal-oriented, with both initiative and energy.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel), CRM fundraising database, internet research.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter before June 14 , 2021 in order to ensure full consideration of your qualifications. Applicants who require individual accommodation in order to complete their application/interview are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.