The Senior Manager, Stewardship and Events will have primary responsibility for donor stewardship and top-level event management. The incumbent will provide leadership to the donor relations function at the Institute and ensure that the acknowledgement and stewardship process is managed in a comprehensive and efficient manner.
Posted On: 2021-05-12
Closing On: 2021-05-31
Location: Waterloo, ON
Employment Type: One Year Contract
As the Senior Manager, Stewardship and Events you will have primary responsibility for donor stewardship and top-level event management. You provide leadership to the donor relations function at the Institute and ensure that the acknowledgement and stewardship process is managed in a comprehensive and efficient manner. This is a one year contract position.
As the Senior Manager, Stewardship and Events you will be integral to driving results to meet Perimeter’s five-year campaign goals, playing a pivotal role in deepening engagement with major gift donors. You will develop an enhanced stewardship strategy to deliver exceptional personalized stewardship to our major donors and will lead the execution of top-level events. You will strengthen connections by recognizing and stewarding all donors in ways that are important and meaningful to them and by ensuring seamless processes and integration.
This role works closely with Perimeter’s relationship managers in developing and implementing donor stewardship and recognition programs, from Letters of Agreement to ongoing recognition and stewardship. Responsibility begins at the $10,000 level, with primary focus on donors of $100,000 or more, and will require collaboration with multiple teams across the Institute.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Program and Strategy Development and Execution
- Create, manage, and execute an enhanced stewardship program with a focus on exceptional and highly customized individual stewardship plans for top tier donors and a systematic integrated donor relations program to recognize and steward all donors.
- Work closely with, and proactively support, senior leadership and relationship managers to ensure that the program, communications, activities, and events integrate with overall major gift strategy and goals.
- Assist in the development of major gift fund agreements (i.e., Letters of Agreement, sponsorship agreements, pledge forms).
- Develop and implement best practices and processes to ensure recognition and stewardship obligations are fulfilled as stated in donor Letter of Agreement (LOA) documents.
- Coordinate and manage, with relationship managers, and when necessary, other Perimeter leadership staff/volunteers, scheduling of stewardship or recognition visits, calls, updates, and events; prepare briefing notes as required.
- Liaise with the Academic Programs department to identify students for designated training awards. Inform those students of their awards, and report to Director, Finance on designated awards.
- Develop the annual budget for stewardship and recognition programs and monitor related expenses.
- Develop metrics and systems to monitor outcomes of donor relations programming.
Managing Top-level Stewardship and Cultivation Events
- Plan and execute top-level stewardship and cultivation events in a variety of styles and targeting a variety of audiences, whether at Perimeter or in associated markets. Events are determined by needs of emerging stewardship strategies and/or new donors or the needs of emerging prospect development strategies.
- Responsible for coordinating event logistics and working with the appropriate Perimeter teams on guest lists, invitations, communications, and media plans.
- Develop the annual budget for events and monitor related expenses.
- Lead quarterly planning meetings with the Advancement team to review and strategize for events in the next 4 to 6 months.
Policies, Best Practices, Internal Reporting, and Systems
- Maximize systems efficiencies and ensure best practices of donor benefits fulfillment, LOA record keeping, and ongoing pledge payments.
- Adhere to Perimeter’s Philanthropic Gift Guidelines and review and make recommendations on policies and procedures for donor benefits, donor relations, and gift acceptance.
- Ensure appropriate record keeping of all stewardship and recognition activities with major gift donors.
- Work with the Advancement Database Assistant to ensure timely and accurate CRM data entry and gift receipting for Major Gift donors.
- Leverage Salesforces’ stewardship functions.
Publications and Communications related to Donor Stewardship and Recognition
In coordination with relationship managers and publications, communications, and marketing teams:
- Manage recognition in both print and web-based publications, including donor lists and opportunities for donor stories/profiles.
- Manage existing and new donor walls and/or other forms of signage recognition with internal constituents and external suppliers.
- Orchestrate and implement ongoing communications/touch points with the donors through the year, taking advantage of Perimeter publications, events, activities.
- Coordinate design and production of meaningful, personalized impact reports on a regular basis.
- Collaborate and consult on internal and external publicity and news releases relating to major gift donors.
Knowledge, Education and Abilities Required
- Minimum five to six years of experience in development, donor relations, advancement services and/or special events.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop, execute and/or support a complex donor relations program, including recognition and stewardship activities.
- Proven skills and ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, with an emphasis on optimizing efficiencies through strategic use of CRM and other technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably and effectively with donors and volunteers, varied internal and external constituencies, and a wide range of stakeholders.
- Adept at problem solving.
- Experience and tactful judgement handling sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized, focused and goal-oriented, with both initiative and energy.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel), CRM fundraising database, internet research.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter before May 31, 2021 in order to ensure full consideration of your qualifications. APPLY HERE
Applicants who require individual accommodation in order to complete their application/interview are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Perimeter Institute is committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
As you browse this section, if you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.