The Officer, Special Events and Community Partnerships is a key member of the team and plays an integral role in advancing the mission of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation. The Officer will support key fundraising activities and be responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of signature and special events and relationships with corresponding revenue targets to be achieved through the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donations, gifts in kind, sponsorship, ticket sales and additional revenue generating opportunities. In addition to managing their assigned events, the Officer will also assist the Special Events & Community Partnerships Team by supporting the execution of other events as required. This person will also provide logistical support to ensure all events are carefully planned, and executed.
Posting Date: April 6, 2022
Start Date: May 2 2022
Post-closing date: April 20, 2022
Salary Range: $50,000-$57,500
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation: At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton — an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
With the increasing pressures upon our healthcare system, the roles of philanthropy, partnerships and investments from our generous community of donors and friends are more important than ever. As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individual, corporate and foundation donors, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital, and the wider community to raise funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care. Join us on our inspiring mission to support Hope, Healing and Discovery at St. Joe’s.
In collaboration with the Special Events and Community Partnerships team, the Officer will:
• Lead the execution of signature events and a series of other events and activities in support of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
• In addition to achieving their fundraising goals, the Officer will also be responsible for the planning, logistics and execution of assigned events
• Contribute to the success of each event in our portfolio by recruiting teams, sponsors or other contributors or offering logistical or on-site support as required
• Set, manage and meet event specific budgets and financial goals
• Liaise with volunteer committees, Hospital and Foundation staff, and board members where appropriate
• Coordinate and train volunteers and Foundation staff in preparation for event execution
• Effectively utilize our database (Raiser’s Edge) as the primary tool to generate invitation lists,
code attendance at events, record sponsorship information and record other relevant
relationship management information
• Other duties as assigned according to the needs of the events team and the Foundation team
Skills and Experience Required:
• University degree or college diploma
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated success in special event fundraising
• Proven track record of recruiting and retaining event participant fundraisers and sponsors
• Exceptional ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
• Self-starter who is motivated to learn and grow
• Understanding of, and ability to, work in an event fundraising environment, that is cyclical in
nature, which can be high-pressure and hectic at times
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to understand and support virtual event IT
• Commitment to providing an exceptional donor service and event participant experience
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software is an asset
Salary and Benefits: The target hiring salary range for this position is $50,000 – $57,500,
commensurate with experience.
Deadline for Applications: April 20, 2022
Application Procedure: Please e-mail resume and cover letter with the subject line Officer, Special Events and Community Partnerships to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.