We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and inspiring leader to join our team as Director of Development. The incumbent will develop the strategic vision for the organization and provide oversight to the planning and execution of fund development initiatives. The successful candidate will balance strong business acumen with a passion for fundraising.
Posted On: 2021-06-18
Closing On: 2021-07-30
Location: Southwestern Ontario / Work from Home
Employment Type: This is a .75 position, requiring flexibility in hours worked.
Working with indigenous and non-indigenous partners, Northern Bridge Community Partnership, strengthens communities, nurtures healing, empowers youth and fosters leadership.
We believe it is possible to have a significant impact on a community by building relationships, and rebuilding trust, one person at a time and one community at a time. We imagine a Canada where justice reigns and reconciliation is tangible.
We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and inspiring leader to join our team as Director of Development.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will develop the strategic vision for the organization and provide oversight to the planning and execution of fund development initiatives. The successful candidate will balance strong business acumen with a passion for fundraising.
The staff of Northern Bridge Community Partnership all work from home and gather virtually, on a bi-weekly basis. In exchange for your talent, skills, and experience, we will offer you the opportunity to become part of our dynamic organization. We offer employee growth and learning opportunities and provide a competitive salary. This is a .75 position, requiring flexibility in hours worked.
The salary range is between $60,000 and $70,000.
The key accountabilities of the Director of Development include:
Plan, develop, manage, and evaluate all aspects of a comprehensive fund development program including grant writing, major gifts, sponsorships, direct mail, special events and tribute donations.
Develop partnerships and strengthens relationships with external stakeholders by stewarding individual, corporate and philanthropic support.
Responsible for developing and managing prospect portfolio with major gift potential.
Leads all stages of proposal development from project identification to writing, editing, and production.
Works with the Executive Director to develop and implement the annual departmental business plan.
Stay abreast of changes or trends in fund development in order to inform and successfully advise senior management on strategic priorities.
Foster the growth of best practices in data management, gift processing, and donor communications, following CRA guidelines for gift acceptance, accounting, acknowledgement, and donor management.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A recognition of the legacy of colonization, a desire to foster justice and a willingness to engage in on-going education
- 5-10 years of fund development experience, preferably in an organization with diverse programs, services, and locations.
- 5 years of experience at a senior management level.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, in a related field.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with a Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, securing, and stewarding major gifts and sponsorships at the five and six figure level.
- Strong knowledge of online fundraising platforms.
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector Screening within one month of employment.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle for the purposes of business travel.
To send a resume with cover letter as your expression of interest in this position, or for more information about this opportunity, please contact: Michael Bechard, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due by 30 July 2021.
Northern Bridge Community Partnership is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity based on merit, transparency, accessibility, and inclusion ensuring that all candidates are given a fair opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.