The Development Officer, Leadership Giving is responsible for working with the Foundation’s staff team to grow a development program in Leadership & Major Giving that will significantly increase annual and future support for Niagara Health. The incumbent assists in the development and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for Leadership Giving prospects.
Posted On: 2021-05-12
Closing On: 2021-05-28
Location: Welland, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Development Officer, Leadership Giving is responsible for working with the Foundation’s staff team to grow a development program in Leadership & Major Giving that will significantly increase annual and future support for Niagara Health.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manages portfolio of Leadership Giving prospects through the donor cycle utilizing principles of relationship-management, and personally conducts a pre-determined number of one-on-one visits with prospects on a yearly basis to secure donors and funds.
• Assists in the development and implementation of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for Leadership Giving prospects in adherence with “best call strategy”. This involves personally soliciting prospects for both outright and deferred Leadership Giving, as well as providing the strategy and support for others to solicit prospects to maximize the opportunities for fundraising success.
• Works in collaboration with the Development team and Foundation staff to set goals and develop plans. Provides support to the team and ensures all members are actively engaged in Foundation’s development.
• Works closely with other areas of the Foundation to develop donor relations plans and to maximize leadership gift opportunities.
• Assists with coordinating donor events and functions in relation to Leadership and Major giving in a professional fashion.
• Assists in other duties as required in furthering the goals of Niagara Health Foundation.
• Ensures that all donors are recognized according to the donor recognition vehicles within Niagara Health Foundation.
Administration, and Technology
• Ensures timely and accurate maintenance of all gift, solicitation and donor information in Raiser’s Edge database including tracking and fulfillment of pledges, donor recognition activities, and receipting and timely acknowledgement.
• Ensures all gifts are received in accordance with Niagara Health Foundation’s policy and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
• University degree or College diploma in business or equivalent fundraising experience
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of extensive relationship building experience in a fundraising environment
• Capital Campaign experience is an asset
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent writing, research, communications and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and Power Point
• Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer
• Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database software
• Strategic Thinker, Attention to Detail and Strong Program Management Skills
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Niagara Health Foundation
• Knowledge of Federal and Provincial legislation affecting charities, and charitable status
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to:
We regret that only those candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted personally. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Niagara Health Foundation.