The Mission Advancement Associate’s primary objective is to develop relationships built on a firm understanding of donors’ interests, passions and values. They exemplify and model a donor centered approach and play a lead role in stewardship, moves-management, soliciting and closing mid-level gifts ($500 – $3,000). They bridge the gap between our annual donors and our major gift donors. This engagement will encourage retention and upgrading while adding a personal touch for this unique donor group. The main areas of focus are: Relationship Management and Solicitation, Individual Donor Cultivation and Stewardship, and Collaboration and Teamwork.
Salary Range: $51,823.75 – $69,097.03
Posted On: December 1, 2022
Closing On: December 12, 2022
Effective: ASAP – January 2023
Employment Type: Full Time (35 hours/week)
The General Council Office of The United Church of Canada is seeking an individual to fill the role of Mission Advancement Associate in the Philanthropy Unit, on a full-time (35 hours/week) basis. Within this context, The Philanthropy Unit is responsible for raising gifts for Mission and Service, which is the main source of funding for the ongoing work of The United Church of Canada. The Unit also provides staff support for The United Church of Canada Foundation which is focused on raising funds for the long-term work of the church.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, education, experience and ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education preferably in fundraising, non-profit administration, together with minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising, revenue generation or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Membership in AFP or equivalent association is desired
- Knowledge of ethos within a congregational setting is desired
- Experience and a proven track record of soliciting gifts of $1,000 and more
- Excellent relational and inter-personal communication skills, (both verbal and written) and presentation skills, together with respect for and experience working in a culturally diverse context; Must be comfortable interacting with people collectively and individually
- Strong database management and computer skills in various Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Dynamics 365), internet and social media applications
- Ability to communicate Christian Stewardship as a way of life is an asset
- Results Oriented: Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision. Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational, project/time management, administrative and analytical skills, detail-oriented, with strong follow through
- Sensitivity to, and skills in, nurturing donor relationships together with a high degree of tact, diplomacy, good judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
- A motivated self-starter capable of identifying the need for and taking collaborative action and works well within a team environment
- Willingness and ability to travel within the assigned area
- Ability to work in French, and/or in other languages other than English would be considered an asset
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, The United Church of Canada will provide assistance to employees who request accommodation throughout their employment with us, unless the position is deemed to be a bona fide occupational requirement and/or to the point of undue hardship considering issues of health, safety and cost.
This position works from a home office and from time to time, works from the General Council Office located in Toronto, Ontario in an open area concept office under normal working conditions. They interact with lay staff, ministers, volunteers, executive officers. Intermittent physical activity including sitting, standing, and lifting. Occasional overtime may be required.
Currently due to COVID-19 employees are working both from the office at times and remotely from their homes on secure devices, and are available by email and phone during regular hours Monday to Friday.
Salary will be based on skills and experience, within the category 5 salary range of $51,823.75 to $69,097.03. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to Human Resources, e-mail: email@example.com