This position is responsible for all logistical, revenue, and administrative aspects of the signature events, and will be a key member of the Marketing and Communications team to support the delivery of the overall marketing strategy. Some logistical support will be provided by other members of the Marketing & Communications team, and the event portfolio currently includes four signature events: Gala (March), Walk & Wheel (June), Strides (September), and Illuminight (October).
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a registered charitable organization that exists to support patient care, research and education across the Hamilton Health Sciences family of hospitals and cancer centre (Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre (RJCHC)), Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC) and St. Peter’s Hospital.
HHSF is committed to a values-based work environment that is characterized by:
- Caring: by our pursuit of a donor centered fundraising environment and the team environment in which we work
- Respect: for our donors, our volunteers and each other
- Innovation: by our celebration of new ideas and challenges
- Accountability: by our transparency as a corporate entity and our commitment to meet the needs of our partner hospital.
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raiser’s Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
Logistics and Planning
- Manage all event logistics, including but not limited to: working with suppliers, venues, sponsors and donors, coordinating any applications or license requests, and all event details.
- Manage and complete multiple project plans and/or events concurrently.
- Create and document critical paths, prepare site plans and production schedules for each event.
- Maintain financial tracking for each event and operate within the allocated budget, communicating variances, adjusting strategies, budgets and priorities as required.
- Manage and comply with event safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all participants.
- Compile post-event reports and recommend directional changes to strategy and planning, with the goal of increasing net revenue.
- Analyze all data associated with each event for reporting and marketing purposes.
- Organize and/or provide support for other Foundation events that may occur throughout the year (ex. stewardship or recognition events).
- Manage primary event logistics vendor to ensure all aspects of the statement of work are fulfilled, particularly event-day logistics.
- Provide input to develop and manage annual plans suitable for in-person, virtual or hybrid formats.
Fundraising and Relationships
- Achieve annual revenue targets for each event by maximizing event participation, gift-in-kind donations, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Create and implement acquisition plans to recruit new event participants and donors.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer participation.
- Solicit, manage, and activate sponsorships, ensuring that all sponsorship deliverables are completed.
- Solicit businesses to secure prizing for signature events.
- Respond to donor inquiries and requests for support (as appropriate).
- Cultivate and steward relationships with key partners, vendors, sponsors, and participants.
- Collaboratively work with internal fundraising teams to meet sponsorship revenue targets and implement recognition and cultivation initiatives.
- Fully manage corporate relationships toward increasing engagement, including sponsorships, employee fundraising, and volunteerism.
- Manage relationship with select third-party events to maximize revenue and maintain on-going partnerships.
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database on sponsorships and gift solicitations, and ensure accurate, efficient data entry of donor/participant information, proposals and actions.
- Produce invoices, track payments, and payment follow-up with all event sponsors.
- Manage post-event follow-up, including supplier payment, sponsor package production and assembly, and event analysis and reporting.
- Coordinate all event planning meetings, agenda, and minutes.
Marketing and Communications
- Work closely with marketing colleagues to execute tactics that drive event registration and donations.
- Develop marketing plan and content for event marketing materials and promotions.
- Provide communication list requests for emails.
- Work with marketing colleagues on event marketing assets, including all print and digital materials.
- Develop creative and marketing briefs for each event and ensuring all timelines are met.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Post-secondary education with either a related college or university degree.
- Minimum 5 years managing events, preferably fundraising events.
- Able to manage multiple complex critical paths simultaneously.
- Possesses exceptional logistic and project management skills.
- Possesses exceptional written skills for preparing key communication elements such as speaking notes and sponsorship packages.
- Must enjoy all aspects of planning and executing events – whether in-person or virtual.
- Able to engage a variety of personality and communication styles.
- Comfortable with soliciting corporate sponsorships and other support to enable event success.
- Is self-motivated and goal-oriented, with the ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot, and problem solve independently using sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Has excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with peer-to-peer fundraising platforms, such as Blackbaud Team Raiser or AKA Raisin, and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, including data entry and running reports and queries, is an asset.
- Experience tracking revenue and expense reports.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy and thoroughness, with an exceptional attention to detail.
This position is based in Hamilton, Ontario, and requires a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle. Due to the nature and scope of this role, some evening and weekend work is required, as well as occasional visits to the hospital sites. A hybrid work arrangement is available after completing 3 months of employment.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is between $70,000 and $75,000, commensurate with experience.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences, including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre, and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. The position will remain open until the position has been filled.
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.