Neighbour to Neighbour Centre, located in Hamilton, is seeking a fundraising professional who will provide expertise to our annual fundraising program, with a specific focus on Individual Giving. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Development to build and strengthen key donor relationships.
Manager, Resource Development
Salary: $50000 – $60000
Closing: March 11/2022
Full-Time, Intermediate level
ABOUT NEIGHBOUR TO NEIGHBOUR
The harsh reality is, not everyone in Hamilton has the same access to resources and opportunities. This leaves so many in our community with less choice and less control over their lives, limiting their ability to fully develop their potential. It affects their physical and mental health, making them feel stressed, trapped and alone.
Neighbour to Neighbour has been responding to these issues for over 30 years. We are continually listening, evaluating our impact and evolving to meet community needs with qualified staff and volunteers. We are connecting people to our emergency and preventative supports as well as helping them to navigate resources because we know that a person with community behind them can thrive.
The result is an improved quality of life. The impact is that people have power over their lives and feel healthy, included and supported. Without these supports, community suffers, and people are left to struggle alone.
ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND & RESOURCES
For more information about Neighbour to Neighbour please visit: www.n2ncentre.com
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Resource Development has an important role in the success of the development department by generating philanthropic support through the development of strong relationships with individual donors.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, high achiever who takes initiative and goes the extra mile. Performance-driven and results-oriented, with a strong focus on accountabilities, the Manager, Resource Development will be a confident, creative, and innovative fundraising professional. The new incumbent will also balance their drive with a sense of humour and a friendly disposition.
The ideal candidate will believe in our mission and the work we do to lead our community to an improved quality of life. An authentic and compelling storyteller, the Manager, Resource Development will proudly articulate our cases for support and the variety of ways donors can partner with us to address food insecurity.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Resource Development will be responsible for:
- Personally managing a portfolio of prospects and donors by building and maintaining relationships to support the work of N2N
- Researching, identifying, and pursuing opportunities for annual funding in alignment with N2N’s mission, vision, and values
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, establishing appropriate annual fundraising goals, targets and metrics to ensure that all fundraising efforts are effective, efficient, and successful
- Ensuring the best possible stewardship of all donor relationships
- Representing N2N to our external community by being informed, articulate, and enthusiastic about our mission and work
- Assisting in other duties as required to reach departmental and organizational goals
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
This position requires strong time management skills. The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors is also an essential function of the position.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience in securing individual gifts
- Experience identifying and setting funding priorities and matching opportunities with donor interests
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience using a CRM database, preferably Raiser’s Edge, an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with polished presentation skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people and build strong relationships
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities
- Consistently demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding food insecurity and poverty an asset
- Capacity for travel to and from donor visits, and some evening and weekend work
- A University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
If you are qualified and this career opportunity is of interest to you, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting closes on March 11, 2022. We appreciate all interested applicants, but regrettably, only those selected for next steps in the recruiting process will be contacted.