Working in collaboration with the VP Op Dev, the Manager will help to develop and implement the association’s fundraising plan. The Manager is expected to build relationships with departmental leads throughout the association to gather impact stories, engage staff and identify and cultivate prospective donors, adopting best practices for donor engagement, relationship building, and stewardship. Salary Range: $60,000-64,750
Posted On: December 9, 2022
Closing On: December 16, 2022
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Effective: January 2023
Employment Type: Full Time- 35 hours per week
Job Experience: Junior
Salary Range: $60,000 – $64,750
- Provide department leadership to all financial development activities
- Investigate new opportunities to improve fundraising activities and help to develop a 3 to 5-year plan to increase giving
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective donors, with focus on individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Implement donor cultivation, recognition, and stewardship programs
- Support and enhance major gift portfolios and stewardship of strategic partnerships and lead face-to-face solicitation calls
- Provide advice to departmental leads related to funding needs via grant submissions; support the creation of persuasive, well-structured grant narratives using effective storytelling
- Represent the Philanthropy and Fund Development team and provide administrative support to the Philanthropy Committee of the Board of Directors and the Philanthropy Committee Chair; supports the association’s Board of Directors in the achievement of their philanthropic goals
- Develop and implement new philanthropic initiatives related to endowment/planned giving
- Collaborate to develop and deliver Special Events related to YMCA of Oakville fundraising campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to strengthen the overall positioning, case for support, and to develop campaign related communication materials
- Ensure the association’s Financial Development program complies with YMCA policies and procedures, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and legal requirements and is aligned with industry best practices (e.g., Imagine Canada Standards Program).
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current and emerging charitable sector trends and legislation
- Represent the YMCA of Oakville at external events, committee meetings and workgroups, as required
- Supervise and provide coaching and development opportunities to philanthropy team members, recruits and support volunteers for philanthropy initiatives
- Supervise the philanthropy team to ensure that all fiscal and donor information is accurately recorded, kept confidential and maintained in Association’s software and other systems.
- Produce financial development management reports, budgets, and compile statistical information for various stakeholders as required
- Support the VP of Operational Development and Program Growth in the preparation and delivery of presentations related to Philanthropy activities
Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary $60,000-64,750
- Competitive and comprehensive health & dental benefits
- Generous Group pension plan (eligible after one year of service)
- Membership to the Peter Gilgan Family YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility
- A value driven organization with a strong and supportive team culture
- Post-secondary degree or certification in related field
- Minimum 5 years of fund development experience in progressively senior roles
- Excellent relationship building skills and donor cultivation and solicitation experience
- Experience in a leadership role including management experience
- Excellent skills in all methods of communication, writing and relationship building
- Experience in the design and execution of annual fundraising campaigns
- Experience working with Board of Directors
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Self motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to think strategically, outcome focused and strong decision maker
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle (mileage for work related activities reimbursed)
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of legislative requirements with respect to charitable gifts and receipting.
- Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Be vaccinated against covid-19 or provide valid proof of exemption on grounds that are protected under the Human Rights code
- CFRE designation preferred
- Grant writing skills and strong research skills is a strong asset
- Knowledge of donor CRMs such as DonorPerfect or RaisersEdge, online giving platforms such as CanadaHelps, MS Office
- Working knowledge of digital fundraising and communication tools; social media tools
- Experience with the design and execution of endowment/planned giving programs and capital campaigns preferred
- Policy development experience and knowledge of Imagine Canada Accreditation requirements
The position requires the following core competencies: commitment to organization mission, vision, and values; relationship building and collaboration; cross functional awareness; influencing/managing change; invests in people; risk management and strategic orientation/forward thinking.
Location: Hybrid working arrangement (office/home) Office location, Peter Gilgan Family YMCA, 410 Rebecca Street, Oakville, Ontario.
Work Schedule: Full time, 35 hours per week
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet all the above requirements, upload your resume and cover letter
The YMCA of Oakville encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Due to a high volume of applications, please note only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The posting closes on December 16, 2022.
We at the YMCA of Oakville value the diversity of people and communities, and we are committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation or have any questions about the interview process, please let us know.