Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, the Manager of Major & Leadership Giving is responsible for working closely with the Vice President to plan and deliver a major and leadership giving program for the YMCA of HBB. The Manager of Major & Leadership Giving will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major ($5,000+), leadership ($500+) and support development from vital (< $500) giving from individuals, family foundations and corporations, in support of the YMCA mission programs.
YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford
Manager, Major &Leadership Giving
Closing: January 15, 2022
Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000
Full-Time, Junior Level
The YMCA of HBB provides a competitive compensation package including:
- Free Health, Fitness, Aquatics membership to staff and their immediate family
- 50% discount on various programs including childcare services, day and overnight camps
- Competitive health benefits package
Nature & Scope:
Over time this position may include development functions for a capital campaign.
As the lead for major and leadership giving program across Hamilton, Burlington and Brantford, this individual will develop and implement the Association’s 3 to 5-year major and leadership giving plan. The Manager will also play a role in supporting campaign committee(s) and will work closely with the members to effectively identify, cultivate and steward donors.
The Manager of Major & Leadership Giving, will champion face-to-face donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and be accountable for a fundraising goal and key metrics that are agreed on with the Vice President of Philanthropy and are reviewed on a regular basis.
The Manager of Major & Leadership Giving understands and complies with all gift-related policies and procedures and ensures ethical compliance, as defined by the Association for Fundraising Professionals.
This position requires a strong commitment to the YMCA mission and core values.
The Manager of Major & Leadership Giving is a trusted partner to the VP of Philanthropy and a team player who supports the advancement of fund development across the Association.
Major & Leadership Giving Program Management
- Plan for and achieve annual individual and family major, leadership and corporate giving targets
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors, with focus on individuals, family foundations and corporations.
- Develop a 3 to 5 year plan to increase giving.
- Work with other members of the development team and marketing to co-develop and implement donor recognition and stewardship programs.
- Lead face-to-face solicitation calls.
- Develop and implement new philanthropic initiatives related to endowment/planned giving.
- Working closely with the VP of Philanthropy, marketing and other program leads, support the development of a case for support.
- Ensure the association’s Financial Development program complies with YMCA policies and procedures, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and legal requirements and is aligned with industry best practices (e.g. Imagine Canada Standards Program).
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current and emerging charitable sector trends and legislation.
- Work closely with the prospect research, data admin and stewardship lead to ensure major giving and leadership programs are well defined and executed.
- Work with the Fund Development Administrator to ensure that all fiscal and donor information is accurately recorded, kept confidential and maintained in Association’s software and other systems.
- Support the VP of Philanthropy in the preparation and delivery of presentations related to Fund Development activities.
- Excellent relationship building skills and donor cultivation and solicitation experience
- Self motivated with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Minimum 3 years of fund development experience in major gifts.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in related field.
- Excellent skills in all methods of communication, writing and relationship building.
- Ability to think strategically, outcome focused and strong decision maker.
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle (mileage to be reimbursed).
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements with respect to charitable gifts and receipting.
- Clear security clearance with vulnerable sector screening
- Knowledge of RE, MS Office and donor relationship platforms considered an asset.
- Experience with the design and execution of endowment/planned giving programs and capital campaigns would be an asset.
- Policy development experience and knowledge of Imagine Canada Accreditation requirements
Relationship Building & Collaboration
Builds and leverages strong and positive interactions both internally and externally
Cross Functional Awareness
Encourages and promotes a collaborative environment
Creates and inspires a vision for success and remains focused on strategic outcomes
Demonstrates proactive management of risk: financial, new regulations
Strategic Orientation/Forward Thinking
Aware of current social, political and environmental influences and trends
To apply for this position send your resume to Paul Haddad, Vice President, Philanthropy, email@example.com