Manager, Major Gifts
Founded in 1901, Hillfield Strathallan College (HSC) offers a seamless academic journey from 18 months to 18 years. Located on a 50-acre campus on Hamilton’s West Mountain, HSC provides a unique educational pathway for students through four school offerings: Junior, Montessori, Middle and Senior. HSC prepares students to live with purpose – to understand their world, inspire, lead, act, and make a difference in their own unique ways.
- Takes a leadership role in coordinating the growth of our Annual Giving program, as well as other Major Gift initiatives;
- Maintains a portfolio of major gift prospects, forming and leveraging strong relationships and creating and executing solicitation strategies that result in major gift donations;
- Advises on the facilitation and execution of recognition events and coordinates various activities for donor involvement and connection to the College.
Prospect Management & Research:
- Leads, develops and manages a prospect management system to ensure prospects are successfully managed from cultivation to stewardship;
- Leads regularly-scheduled prospect review meetings to ensure solicitation strategies are identified and executed;
- Oversees the research function to identify, track and compile information on the College’s top donors and prospective top donors;
- Provides the Director of Advancement and Communications as well as key volunteers with up-to-date, well-organized research reports in a clear and timely manner.
Other related responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the Advancement and Communications Team members and the Head of College’s Office to ensure the overall success of programs;
- Act as back-up to the Director only in their absence;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Designation:
- University degree or related college certificate;
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- A minimum of five years of progressive advancement experience, with a focus on major gifts and/or campaign fundraising;
- Previous experience interacting at a high-contact and personal level with donors is mandatory;
- An understanding of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and how these systems support the cultivation process;
- Proven development of innovative campaign strategies that encouraged engagement and participation of donors, volunteers and staff;
- Demonstrated experience managing campaign and leadership volunteers and working closely with other senior organizational leaders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to build relationships and leverage support from prospects and to work effectively with high-profile volunteers;
- Ability to present campaign objectives in a way that inspires and engages potential donors;
- A creative and innovative approach to major gift fundraising;
- Excellent listening skills;
- Proven project management, prioritization and organizational skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- An understanding of Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office applications (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and how these systems support the cultivation process.
- Collaborative and flexible team-player;
- Intelligent and innovative thinker;
- Customer service and results-focused orientation;
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and discretion.
Please indicate your interest by submitting a resume and covering letter by 4:00 p.m on Friday, March 18, 2022, to http://hsc.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx.
Our commitment to inclusion across gender, age, religion, identity and experience moves us forward and creates a sense of community at HSC that we are proud of, where everyone feels welcome and feels that they belong.