Reporting to the Director, Development & Communications, the Manager, Individual Giving is responsible for the effective execution of fundraising and stewardship activities to support the annual United Way Niagara campaign and build strong relationships with donors. The primary role of this position is to develop, organize, implement and monitor a comprehensive fundraising plan for individual donors with the ability and inclination to contribute personal mid-level gifts ($2,500+) and major gifts ($5,000+), along with special one-time targeted gifts and legacy gifts to The Forever Fund.
Salary Range: $59,141 to $73,926
Posted On: March 22, 2023
Closing On: June 15, 2023
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time (Requires Flexible Hours)
Job Experience: Senior
Salary Range: $59,141 to $73,926
REPORTS TO: Director, Development and Communications
DEPARTMENT: Development and Communications
ABOUT UNITED WAY NIAGARA:
United Way Niagara is a charitable organization dedicated to improving lives and building community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. To learn more about United
Way Niagara, visit https://www.unitedwayniagara.
• Conducts research, oversees cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of mid-level and major gift donors and legacy giving donors and prospects;
• Provides strategic support to workplace campaigns in mid-level and major gift goal setting, prospecting, solicitation, tracking and stewardship of annual gifts;
• Develops targeted solicitation strategies for individual donors or workplace groups of donors as required;
• Prepares written materials associated with management of donors and prospects (e.g. development of targeted proposals, progress/stewardship reports on projects funded and general correspondence);
• Responsible for a portfolio of workplace accounts that run fundraising campaigns for United Way;
• Oversees Women United affinity group, including acting as staff liaison to Women United volunteers;
• Manages a portfolio of donors at various giving levels through the donor cycle;
• Maximizes use of Raisers Edge database in managing gift activity (e.g. tracking moves on individual prospects, tracking volunteer and staff activity, manage strategic information on donors and prospects, etc.);
• Strategically uses Case for Support for the development of written proposals for special gift solicitation and in communicating with donors and prospects about the priorities of United Way;
• Evaluates and monitors success of Individual Giving programs;
• Assists in the planning, production and evaluation of all communications for fundraising programs relating to Individual Giving;
• Oversees donor and volunteer recognition activities in collaboration with the Manager, Annual Giving;
• Other duties as required.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. It can be expected that duties, responsibilities and activities may change over time as needs evolve with or without notice.
Post Secondary education in fundraising, social sciences, business, public relations or a related field.
A minimum of 5 years demonstrated, relevant fundraising and leadership experience at a supervisory level;
Planned/Legacy Giving experience and CFRE designation would be an asset;
Demonstrated track record in major individual gift fundraising.
Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) and well-developed interpersonal skills;
High degree of comfort with sophisticated donor databased use and excel;
Experience with tracking financial results;
Volunteer and staff management experience;
Strong organizational skills;
Team Player and enthusiasm for new ideas.
Other: Access to reliable transportation.
• Development Officer, Individual Giving (Direct Report)
• Interns / Co-Op Students (occasional as needed)
• Campaign volunteers
• Director, Development & Communications
This position is full-time at 35 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday between 8:30am to 4:30pm; however, the workweek hours may vary and will require the successful candidate to have flexible availability, including evenings and/or weekends.
The Manager, Individual Giving will be expected to work a combination from the St. Catharines United Way office, remotely and directly with workplaces and businesses throughout the Niagara Region.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to Kevin Jong at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to United Way Niagara, 63 Church Street, LC1, St.Catharines, ON L2R 3C4 (Attention: Kevin Jong).
We encourage early applicants as we plan to hire a suitable candidate immediately. Interviews will be conducted as suitable candidates apply. The position will remain open until filled. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way Niagara hires based on merit and is strongly committed to diversity and equity within our community and to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especiallywelcome applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and
knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate requiring accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), individuals requiring accommodation during the application/recruitment process should advise the interviewer so that arrangements can be made. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.