This position plays a critical role in the management and execution of all assigned special events and volunteer event-focused programs for the Foundation. This position will contribute to the creation and implementation of impactful events that garner brand awareness and engagement to acquire new supporters of Tims Camps and increase donor loyalty.
Salary Range: $48,000 – $54,000 plus benefits
Posted On: April 12, 2023
Closing On: April 28, 2023
Location: St. George, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Junior
Effective: May 2023
Salary Range: $48,000 – $54,000 plus benefits
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) help youth from underserved communities achieve their full potential through multi-day, overnight camp experiences. Whether at camp or back home in their communities between visits—our youth work to build social, emotional, leadership and innovation skills and behaviours like volunteerism and motivation to learn so they become civically and academically engaged, and successfully transition to adulthood.
At Tims Camps, we are catalysts for good—helping our youth participants and teammates be the best they can be, developing personal and career growth. We empower young people with skills to open doors to their future. That is our North Star and, together, we help shape leaders that build stronger communities.
Home Office located in St. George, ON with flexibility to work remotely 1-2 days per week. Regardless of work location, this role will be required to travel to attend events as assigned throughout Canada and the USA. Some travel will be required to attend Tims Camps and Partner events.
What would you be doing?
- Support in the execution of high-quality special events that advance the Foundation’s brand, donor involvement, cultivation, and stewardship.
- For assigned events, oversee day-of event operations and guest experience including managing fundraising initiatives, liaise with venue staff to ensure consistent, high-level service and troubleshoot and handle any issues that arise at event.
- Assist in the development of innovative concepts, themes and formats for signature events that engage supporters and grow revenue.
- Build and execute dynamic integrated event communications plans including copy and creative asset development, and social and digital collateral.
- Manage external committees in event planning and execution, while supporting with best practices and maintaining fundraising expenses and revenue aligned with industry standards.
- Build and manage a volunteer program in support of special events, including the management of a grass-roots localized committee program across Canada.
- Build and execute Community Events Program to engage new audiences and increase revenue in support of the Foundation.
- Build sponsorship programs in collaboration with corporate annual giving and solicit and secure event sponsorship.
- Identify and recommend strategies to improve efficiency and increase special event revenue in support of the Foundation.
- Manage and execute standardized event reporting and measurement to make data driven decisions.
- Develop and operationalize tools and resources to support stakeholders including senior management, board members and volunteers.
- All other duties as required.
Does this sound like you?
- Post-Secondary education in related field or, equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing special events and fundraising activities of a comparable size and scope
- An in-depth understanding of charitable giving guidelines, specifically as it pertains to Special Events.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with donors and volunteers
- Proven experience in supporting in the execution of impeccable, effective, and successful events and measuring results
- Knowledge of special event fundraising best practices including onsite fundraising activities (including auction management experience)
- Proven experience in supporting the building and execution of community events programs and peer-to-peer fundraising, engaging new stakeholders, and increasing revenue
- Exceptional collaboration, communications, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships
- Passionate, driven, hard working with exquisite attention to detail
- Bilingual (French/English) considered an asset
This posting will remain live until it has been filled. Be sure to apply as soon as possible to ensure you are considered.
We’re Great Place to Work® Certified
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps is proud to be Great Place to Work® certified for the third year in a row.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment and seeks talent with a diversity of life experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.
If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Tim Hortons® Foundation Camps (THFC) is committed to taking all reasonable efforts to ensure the health and safety of those that use our work locations. As such, offers of employment are conditional upon being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 and providing THFC with proof of your vaccination status. “Fully Vaccinated” means having received the completed series of a COVID-19 Vaccine. An individual is considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their completed series. In the event you are unable to be Fully Vaccinated based on medical reasons or protected ground by the applicable Human Rights Code, THFC will consider requests for accommodation on an individual basis. Personal health information collected by THFC is stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws and will be kept confidential.