A position that is vital to the success of this endeavour is a Manager, Finance and Administration. Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Prospect Research and Analytics, the Manager, Finance and Administration is responsible for the Foundation’s financial management, gift processing, data entry, management and reporting, and awards administration.
This position engages with all members of the Foundation team, faculties and departments across the college, and donors to Mohawk College Foundation.
Salary Range: $69,699 to $87,000
Posted On: October 5, 2023
Closing On: October 23, 2023
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $69,699 to $87,000
Mohawk College Foundation is setting ambitious fundraising goals and building a best practice advancement operation to meet the aspirations of the Strategic Plans of both Mohawk College and Mohawk College Foundation.
The plan requires us to do many things simultaneously: build a culture of philanthropy, diversify our fundraising programs, develop and execute on big ideas, engage in truly meaningful relationships with our donors, alumni, employees and community partners, and build best practice administrative and operational policies, procedures, and systems. It is critical that we have talented, experienced, courageous, results-driven, risk-takers on our team to deliver on this exciting plan.
The successful candidate will lead the ongoing development of the Foundation’s finance and administration operations and then expansion of the unit as the organization grows. This will involve:
- The preparation, management and maintenance of the Foundation budget, monitoring the budget cycle and key planning processes to ensure compliance, monitoring transactions, investigating discrepancies, processing interdepartmental transfers and funding allocations, reviewing purchases and requisitions and producing monthly, mid-year and year-end forecasting and other reports. Support for this work is provided by the College’s Finance department.
- Receiving and receipting donations in the form of cash, securities, gifts in kind and other forms is a key day to day function of the position. The Manager, Finance and Administration receives and records the donation, ensures its deposit, produces a receipt and thank -you, and notifies appropriate parties of the gift so stewardship will occur in a timely fashion. Reports of donations are produced monthly or as needed. If required, the Manager, Finance and Administration will respond to questions raised by the donor to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Procedures governing this activity and database management protocols are under review to ensure best practice effectiveness in this area.
- Accurate data entry of any and all information on donors and donations is absolutely critical and the Manager, Finance and Administration assists the Senior Advisor in ensuring data integrity, confidentiality, compliance, analysis and reporting. The Manager, Finance and Administration trains and advises team members on all matters related to data entry and in producing lists and reports that aid in their work with donors.
- The Manager, Finance and Administration assists in the disbursement and tracking of funding to faculties and departments throughout the College, and in the gathering of impact data for donors.
- Working with the College’s Financial Assistance office, the Manager, Finance and Administration prepares reports and tracks funding available for student scholarships, bursaries and other support funds. The incumbent also assists with the annual renewal of awards and the drafting of gift agreements and terms related to awards.
- The Manager, Finance and Administration is also responsible for identifying and making recommendations for changes to business processes and policies to improve the effectiveness, efficiency and best practices of the operation and the delivery of services.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in business-related disciplines preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- CPA designation would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in financial and data management, experience in these areas and knowledge of all regulations.
- Knowledge of charity tax legislation and CRA guidelines
- Experience working in a fundraising/non-profit environment and knowledge of its regulations is an asset.
- Excellent computer and database knowledge. Experience with Raiser’s Edge platform is an asset. Proficient in the use of MS Windows applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications and a demonstrated commitment to providing client focused service.
- Ability to take initiative, plan and execute on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines, make timely decisions, solve problems, and be a team player.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources.
The Mohawk College Foundation is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.