The Manager, Donor Relations & Data Analytics, leads the development and oversight of key fundraising operations, including data management, donor stewardship and donor research. Your analytical skills will help inform the growth strategies and diversify development revenues. Your support of donor analytics, stewardship and retention will help grow our donor base for the future. Salary Range: $62,000 – $72,000
Posted On: February 14, 2023
Closing On: March 3, 2023
Location: Hybrid – 54 Wolseley Street, Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $62,000 – $72,000
Stella’s Place Assessment and Treatment Centre is the first comprehensive, integrated, community-based assessment and treatment centre in Canada for young adults (aged 16 to 29) experiencing mental health challenges. Founded by concerned parent and philanthropist Donna Green in 2013, it now delivers a range of strength-based individual and low- barrier group counselling services. Since its inception, it has served thousands of young adults in Ontario.
Stella’s Place is privately funded and is unique in its approach to healing, which includes peer support and a co-creation model that includes young adults – a proven strategy for success. A recently completed $14-million capital campaign has resulted in a state-of-the-art program facility in downtown Toronto, officially opening in the spring of 2023.
This visionary organization is ready for the next stage of its evolution as one of Canada’s leading mental health causes for young adults, raising $3M and greater in current and future years to sustain its vision, mission, and innovative program model.
We seek a Manager, Donor Relations & Data Analytics, reporting to the Chief Development Officer.
Work Location: Toronto – Hybrid: in office and temporarily home-based due to COVID-19
This full-time position works five days per week, primarily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional work evenings and weekends required.
Stella’s Place offers a generous health and vacation package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, three weeks of vacation and 15 health days annually. Vacation increases after one year of service.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Donor & Database Administration
- Manage the donor database, its architecture and functionality
- Manage the gift acknowledgement process (thank you letters, pledge forms and reminders, gift agreements, etc.)
- Prepare tax receipts, reconcile event revenue, and liaise regularly with the Finance department for monthly & annual reconciliation & CRA T3010 reporting and audit
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of donor information, donations and event participant information
- Provide database support & training to other team members as required
- A critical future project will include overseeing a database migration from Donor Perfect to Raiser’s Edge
- Undertake data analytics/analyze appeals and fundraising performance to support organizational decision-making and make recommendations as needed
- Prepare weekly/monthly fundraising reports and analysis and other database reports as required
- Extract data for prospect pipelines, solicitations, newsletters, event communications, invitations, etc.
- Prepare donor recognition listings for annual reports, website and donor wall
- Manage list building and segmentation for targeted email campaigns and customized donor stewardship
- Support the donor stewardship process with annual and stewardship report dissemination, event invitations and guest lists, holiday cards and tribute notifications
- Support development colleagues to collect program information and evidence-based data for development stewardship reports, proposals and other donor communications
- Manage and maintain all donor listings, including maintenance and troubleshooting of the digital donor wall
Prospect Research & Pipeline Management
- Grow the pipeline with your database analytic and prospect research abilities using iWave and Grant Connect
- Identify new donor prospects through mining the internal database
Other miscellaneous duties as required
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following:
- 3-5 years or more within a charitable/not-for-profit organization
- Proficiency with CRM donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge NXT, Luminate, and Team Raiser and familiarity with Crystal Reports as well as Donor Perfect and akaRaisin would be vital assets
- Donor prospect research skills using databases such as iWave, Grant Connect, etc.
- Experience with CRM query building, database importing and exporting, and experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT would be a strong asset
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Familiarity with graphic design software would be considered an asset
- Deadline and results-oriented, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and volunteers and connect with donors
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and demonstrated experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Stella’s Place
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Stella’s Place is committed to having a workforce that reflects the diversity of the City of Toronto and our participants. We strongly encourage applications from racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression and all those who can provide and contribute to the diversification of perspective at Stella’s Place.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.