Be a part of Sail Canada’s fund-raising effort devoted to our Elite Athletes and high-performance sport and help take Sport Philanthropy to the next level. Sail Canada is the national governing body for the sport of sailing and is a Registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association able to give charitable receipts for all donations and gifts. Our efforts are focused on generating philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical, and coaching needs of Sail Canada’s high-performance system and assist Canadian Sailing athletes in becoming ambassadors for sailing, healthy living, and the pursuit of excellence.
Closing: January 21, 2022
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of all donor programs.
- Manage a portfolio of 50-75 donors and prospects including prospect identification, cultivation planning, solicitation building and stewardship delivery.
- Report on all prospect progress, moves and results, ensuring that all prospect related data is accurately recorded into the database in a timely manner.
- Using direct marketing tactics both with physical and electronic means, (direct mail, online giving, mid-level giving, prospecting and mobile giving), strive to increase both number of Sailing community donors and overall revenue generated through these programs.
- In collaboration with the CEO and Fundraising Committee, research prospects, craft correspondence, reports, proposals and other materials for major gifts prospects and donors.
- Provide administrative support to the CEO and Fundraising Committee.
- Provide excellent donor stewardship that is personal, thoughtful.
- Create the Sail Canada Alumni Program and grow the alumni database.
- Ensure that all direct mail, alumni, and stewardship data is recorded in the database.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 Years of Relevant Experience.
- Previous experience with a fundraising organization.
- Data management experience.
- Excellent project management and communication skills and very detail oriented.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and works well independently as well as collaboratively.
- Self-assured, polished, flexible and works well under pressure.
- Ability to speak and write in French is an asset.
- Flexibility in working hours and travel.
Type of position: Full time
Location: The head office is located in Kingston, Ontario, – this position can be a work from home with occasional visits to the head office
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000
Application Deadline: January 6, 2022
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Contact Information: Don Adams, CEO email@example.com
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.