Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Manager, Donor Impact is responsible for independently leading, implementing and managing a robust donor relations program that holds PTC accountable to our donors and clearly demonstrates the impact of their contributions. This includes preparing and leading all elements of impact reporting, engagement strategies, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship activities for donors. In addition, the Manager, Donor Impact will be a contributing member of the philanthropy team, providing input to funder strategy and the framing of proposals, as well as being involved in some direct fundraising.
This position is located in Toronto, Ontario and reports to our Toronto office.
This role is a fit for you if…
You have a strong understanding of the philanthropic and donor stewardship landscape… can demonstrate exceptional initiative and planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking skills to complete tasks on time and in an efficient and effective manner… have strong communication skills – interpersonal, written and verbal and are able to create effective donor stewardship strategies that meet multiple needs in collaboration with the Prince’s Trust Canada Team. You come with experience planning, executing and tracking donor stewardship strategies. You are agile, flexible and entrepreneurial to be able to develop and seize opportunities.
Prince’s Trust Canada is a national charity that delivers skill-development and career exploration programs with community-based organizations, business and academic institution partners in locations across Canada.
Through innovative partnerships and guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, our mission is to empower young people and Veterans to build resilient, future-ready communities. Our programs help young people overcome barriers to employment and prepare for the changing world of work, provide entrepreneurship training and support for Veterans, and through our focus on sustainability, address climate change mitigation and adaptation. Our work is inspired by our Founder and President, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, and his vision for a more sustainable future.
Prince’s Trust Canada is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and sustainability, as well as the hard work, reflection and action required as an organization to effect and impact change. Our charity and work are guided by our overarching values of Inspiration, Community, Action, Responsibility, Empathy, Equity and Sustainability.
Our ambition is to deliver tangible impact through high-quality programs, working in collaboration with a growing network of supporters, partner organizations and volunteers across the country. The dedicated staff team is passionate about our strategic plan and vision of a sustainable future for Canada, where young people and Veterans and communities thrive.
To learn more about Prince’s Trust Canada, please visit our website at www.princestrust.ca.
Donor Impact Activities
- Develop and write donor impact content for donor impact reports, proposals and the organization’s annual report
- Prepare donor briefing materials and participate in donor strategy meetings.
- Gather, synthesize, organize and write programmatic information for donor reporting purposes, working with colleagues in finance, communications and programs, including department heads and managers
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Team to ensure brand alignment
- Support solicitations by preparing customized and compelling proposals; as well as thank you letters, presentation decks and briefing notes
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications and Program colleagues to prepare donor impact reports, and other pertinent stewardship materials.
- Develop and maintain sustainable long-term relationships through extraordinary stewardship actions that will result in the highest level of philanthropic support for PTC
- Create, manage, and execute an enhanced stewardship program with a focus on exceptional and highly customized individual stewardship plans and a systematic, integrated donor relations program to recognize and steward all donors
- Create and manage a calendarized reporting cycle to ensure stewardship reports are delivered to funders in a timely manner and in accordance with gift agreements and sponsorship contracts
- Work with the Chief Development Officer to maintain oversight and compliance with stewardship policies and procedures
- Organize weekly cycle of thank you calls, emails, and other touch points.
- Organize and track all stewardship moves and pledge reminders in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer
- Oversee stewardship functions for all PTC programs including major gifts, events, and community initiatives, are required
- Prepare pledge reminders, tailored thank you letters and donation receipts on a case-by-case basis, supported by the Controller
- Track, analyze and report on results of stewardship program to the Chief Development Officer and wider team
- Support the development of Raiser’s Edge policies and procedures as part of the implementation and training of the new system.
- Manage and maintain all stewardship documentation and tracking in Raiser’s Edge in accordance with the Prince’s Trust Canada’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Partnerships to ensure new and existing corporate partners are involved in assessing programming success and outcomes and ensure adjustments as required to continue growth and improvement, through the stewardship lens
- Engage with the Head of Programs and Impact, the CEO and CDO related to partnership development and stewardship opportunities that can be leveraged by the CEO and the Board of Directors
- Provide ongoing research-based advice and recommendations on how to enhance PTC donor pipeline
- Participate in face-to-face donor meetings, as identified by the CDO
- Maintain a personal pipeline of individual, corporate and foundation donors to contribute to individual and overall revenue targets
- Support senior leadership in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all donors
- Develop and implement a monthly giving program to grow donor community.
- Advise on research tools and support the creation of donor profiles
Organization wide initiatives and projects
- Supports and builds a culture of philanthropy in the organization
- Supports special projects that are requested by the CEO and CDO
- Participates in internal working groups as part of the overall staff team
- Supports as required any additional tasks or projects that contribute to Prince’s Trust Canada reaching its strategic objectives, in support of any team in the organization
- Support the values of the organization
- Act on behalf of the organization to complete required compliance and evaluation activities
What you bring:
- Enthusiasm and a conviction to deliver positive outcomes for the communities served by Prince’s Trust Canada
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading and analytical skills, and ability to communicate in a clear, compelling and persuasive manner
- Excellent partnership management and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate well with co-workers, peers, donors, volunteers and others
- A confident self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, team-based working environment
- Ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A drive to succeed personally, and to support team success through effective and collaborative team player, shares information freely
- Exceptional organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Highly professional, mature, and confident
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team environment as well as both in office and remotely (please note this position will be remote until further notice due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Ability to think critically and make well-informed, timely decisions
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to adjust strategic approaches as required
- Sense of humour, energetic, and positive attitude
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional fundraising organization
- Post-secondary education or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven project management success with ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Superior analytical skills and the ability to interpret complex information and to communicate it to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction in the development of best-in-class engagement materials to donors, customers, clients, employees or a mix thereof
- Superior knowledge of philanthropy and marketing principles as they relate to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Excellent management and team building skills with demonstrated supervision and leadership qualities, superior interpersonal and public relations skills, tact and diplomacy
- Advanced experience with fundraising database applications, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- A task master with proven production of accurate, thorough and professional work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- CFRE designation is an asset
How to apply:
Note: Effective January 1, 2022, subject to relevant accommodations or exemptions under the Human Rights Code, all Prince’s Trust Canada employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 14 days (per the public health guidelines) before their first day of work.
This full-time position has a hiring range of $65,000 to $75,000 plus benefits, depending on experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document titled, your name and Manager, Donor Impact in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 30, 2022, by 5pm EDT. Applications will be received on an ongoing basis until this time, therefore early submission is encouraged.
Prince’s Trust Canada is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve. We are currently on a journey in rolling out our equity, diversity and inclusion strategy with measurable outcomes. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized, 2SLGBTQA+, women and people living with disabilities as we strive to build a more inclusive society.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and ensuring an equal opportunity recruitment process to support equity deserving applicants. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. We are committed to ensure a barrier-free process. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.
Thank you for your interest in this position and Prince’s Trust Canada.