Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a registered charitable organization that exists to support patient care, research and education across the Hamilton Health Sciences family of hospitals and cancer center (Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre (RJCHC), Hamilton General, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC) and St. Peter’s Hospital).HHSF is committed to a values-based work environment that is characterized by:
Caring: by our pursuit of a donor centered fundraising environment and the team environment in which we work
Respect: for our donors our volunteers and each other
Innovation: by our celebration of new ideas and challenges
Accountability: by our transparency as a corporate entity and our commitment to meet the needs of our partner hospital.
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raisers Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to contribute significantly to the effective and efficient operations of a busy Foundation supporting a multi-site hospital network.
The Manager, Direct Response is responsible for attaining the annual fundraising goals for all elements of an integrated direct response program. This includes managing the strategy and executing the day-to-day functions of our direct response, telemarketing and tribute giving campaigns, and managing a call centre staff of three. In this role, the individual is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring integrated direct response donor strategies from acquisition to retention and stewardship. Our integrated direct response program and plays a significant role in generating revenue from and engaging this donor base, while also strengthening donor relationships and commitments to Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
Responsible for maintaining and building a sustainable revenue stream and a committed community of annual donors, including:
- Develop, implement & monitor direct response donor strategies from acquisition to retention and stewardship
- Keep up to date on best practices, innovative approaches and new opportunities to grow effectiveness and efficiency of integrated direct response programs
- Work with agency partner to plan, develop and oversee the execution of a series of mailings throughout the calendar year
- Manage agency partner relationships, including development and management of annual budgets, lead execution of various campaigns with an eye on the overall program strategy, and coordinate vendor contracts and invoices
- Traffic all campaign elements – from copy and creative – through approvals, coordinating with various Foundation and Hospital stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with Development teams to identify potential major gift donors from within the annual program
- Manages the telemarketing program, including three call center staff, for welcome calls and annual fundraising campaigns
- Support new donor onboarding strategy and execution, and identify and manage timely execution of stewardship touchpoints for annual-level donors
- Manage and execute annual donor survey, capturing insights for use in program execution
- Responsible for maintaining and building a sustainable revenue stream through the tribute giving programs, including but not limited to:
- In honour giving
- In memorial giving
- Grateful patient (#Vital2HHS) giving
Data Analytics, Segmentation and Tracking:
- Develop and execute compelling direct marketing campaigns informed by data analytics and integrating both traditional and digital mediums— leveraging each platform’s unique strengths for optimal performance
- Use data analytics and insights to enable effective targeting and segmentation
- Develop, implement and manage data mining and segmentation strategies to maximize solicitation yields, including identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for donor segments
- Responsible for ongoing program results monitoring, proactively providing frequent reporting against budget and outcomes of testing strategies. Refine tactics and strategies using data-driven analytics
- Metrics include, but are not limited to: revenue, retention, acquisition, number of monthly donors, and conversion rates
Accountability: Direct: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- University degree or equivalent, preferably in fundraising and/or marketing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising, direct marketing or equivalent experience in a complex environment, preferably within charitable sector
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best practices based on successful experience running annual direct mail and telemarketing programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and adept at using tact, diplomacy and discretion with donors, agency partners, suppliers and Foundation and Hospital Staff
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision and an ability to self-manage effectively in a changing environment with multiple conflicting demands
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent organizational, project and time management skills
- Confident with analyzing results and using data-driven insights for decision making
- Advanced experience with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with health-care fundraising in a large, complex organization a definite asset
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is between $65,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience.
Office Location: Currently, HHSF staff are working both remote and in the office, and both remote and flexible work arrangements are being piloted.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Proof of full COVID vaccination is mandatory for employment with Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation.
Please respond by January 4th, 2022 with a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the job title in the subject line.
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.