A leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls, Branksome Hall challenges and inspires students to love learning and shape a better world. We encourage students to push boundaries, unleash their imagination and to explore creative solutions to challenges of all sizes and scopes. The world is ever-changing and Branksome Hall places innovation at the forefront in preparing our students for the future and as influential, confident leaders.
Posted On: 2021-11-19
Closing On: 2021-12-01
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
As a member of the growing Advancement and Community Engagement team, the Manager, Database is accountable for providing strategic leadership for key functions within the Advancement Services, including data management, gift processing, reporting and effective use of Raiser’s Edge and related integrations. Reporting to the Director, Campaign and Development ensures data is current and relevant.
This is an exciting time for a talented and creative professional to join a world-renowned educational community, open to new possibilities and committed to making a difference.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Data Management & Reporting
- Create, update and maintain overall systems for Raiser’s Edge, including but not limited to effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect information, ensuring accurate soft credit and pledge input.
- Lead the creation, documentation and improvement of business processes related to data management and gift processing, adhering to best practices.
- Manage the integration and ongoing imports and exports of data between Raiser’s Edge and the school’s database.
- Extract data using queries and exports from Raiser’s Edge to support the ACE team as required.
- Develop reporting and analytical tools that provide relevant and timely data to identify trends and metrics to optimize operations and revenues, in particular as it pertains to the Campaign.
- Develop and lead periodic training for the ACE team on current and new applications of Raiser’s Edge including reports and queries.
- Process online and offline gifts from donors and generate gift acknowledgement letters, tax receipts and pledge reminders while ensuring compliance with CRA regulations.
- Manage and coordinate monthly reconciliation and annual audit requests with the Finance department.
As the ideal candidate, you have at least 5 years of progressive database experience, ideally in the non-profit sector. You are skilled at analyzing and summarizing complex data in a variety of formats and structures while creating clear, concise reports for end users. With a strong sense of professional judgement, superior project management and customer service skills, you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to manage multiple time sensitive complex priorities and meet deadlines effectively. You are a strategic thinker and planner that can provide recommendations to improve process and results. You bring a positive and can-do approach to decision-making and problem-solving. Strong technology skills, Raiser’s Edge and RENXT experience, as well as proficiency in MS office applications and Google Suite complete your profile. Understanding of Financial Edge along with Blackbaud NetCommunity experience would be considered as an asset.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by December 1, 2021. This posting will remain active until the position is filled.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range: $80,000-$90,000