Neighbour to Neighbour Centre, located in Hamilton, is seeking a communications and events professional who will bring their expertise to our development team in the role of Manager, Communications and Events. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Development to build and strengthen key donor relationships, through the planning and implementation of our annual Coldest Night of the Year event, and annual Golf Tournament. This person will also build connections with community through the successful management of our social media.
Posted on: April 19, 2022
Closing on: May 13, 2022
Salary range: $55,000+
Effective: May 30, 2022
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Experience: Management
ABOUT NEIGHBOUR TO NEIGHBOUR
The harsh reality is, not everyone in Hamilton has the same access to resources and opportunities. This leaves so many in our community with less choice and less control over their lives, limiting their ability to fully develop their potential. It affects their physical and mental health, making them feel stressed, trapped and alone.
Neighbour to Neighbour has been responding to these issues for over 30 years. We are continually listening, evaluating our impact, and evolving to meet community needs with qualified staff and volunteers. We are connecting people to our emergency and preventative supports as well as helping them to navigate resources because we know that a person with community behind them can thrive.
The result is an improved quality of life. The impact is that people have power over their lives and feel healthy, included, and supported. Without these supports, community suffers, and people are left to struggle alone.
ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND & RESOURCES
For more information about Neighbour to Neighbour please visit: www.n2ncentre.com
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Communications & Events has an important role in the success of the development department by generating philanthropic support through strong relationships with event sponsors, participants and third party hosts. They will also build and maintain a vital community connection through the management of N2N social media accounts.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, high achiever who takes initiative and goes the extra mile. Performance-driven and results-oriented, with a strong focus on accountabilities, the Manager, Communications & Events will be a confident, creative, and innovative fundraising professional.
The ideal candidate will believe in our mission and the work we do to lead our community to an improved quality of life. An authentic and compelling storyteller, the Manager, Communications & Events will proudly articulate our cases for support and the variety of ways donors can partner with us to address food insecurity.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Manager, Communications & Events will be responsible for:
- Managing all social media accounts by creating and coordinating social media posts to represent all programs across the N2N organization
- Personally managing a portfolio of current and prospective event sponsors and participants by building and maintaining relationships to support the work of N2N
- Researching, identifying, and pursuing opportunities for annual funding in alignment with N2N’s mission, vision, and values
- Managing N2N annual events, which includes working with established committees, coordinating event logistics, publicity, and other duties that drive the success of each event
- In collaboration with the Director of Development, establishing appropriate annual goals and metrics to ensure that all efforts are effective, efficient, and successful
- Ensuring the best possible stewardship of all donor relationships
- Representing N2N to our external community by being informed, articulate, and enthusiastic about our mission and work
- Assisting in other duties as required to reach departmental and organizational goals
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
This position requires strong time management skills. The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors is an essential function of the position.
- 3+ years of fundraising experience in special events
- Experience managing a professional social media account an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Experience using a CRM database, preferably Raiser’s Edge, an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people and build strong relationships
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities
- Consistently demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, confidentiality, integrity, and sensitivity
- Familiarity with the issues surrounding food insecurity and poverty an asset
- Capacity for travel with own vehicle
If you are qualified and this career opportunity is of interest to you, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting closes on May 13, 2022. We appreciate all interested applicants, but regrettably, only those selected for next steps in the recruiting process will be contacted.