We are seeking a dynamic, driven and accomplished fundraising professional to join the Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation (JBHF) as the Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships.
Reporting directly to the Director, Development, and working in close partnership with the entire Development Team, the Senior Development Officer, Corporate Partnerships will lead the overall strategic objectives and expansion of the corporate giving portfolio through event sponsorship, cause marketing, community initiatives and corporate philanthropy.
These responsibilities are accomplished while actively participating in a fast-paced team environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines. Demanding, challenging and exciting, this role requires a motivated and creative individual with demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital. We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
Following the successful conclusion of the $60M Our New Era capital campaign, we continue to leverage and expand the overwhelming support of the community through the Join the J campaign. We are active and innovative in raising funds for new and emerging priorities and working with our Hospital to ensure exceptional healthcare for our community.
The Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation was named a recipient of the 2018 Canadian Non-profit Employer of Choice Award. This award recognizes non-profits whose exemplary talent management practices support successful mission delivery in the communities they serve.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
- Develop and execute organization’s corporate sponsorship and corporate philanthropic revenue strategies.
- Manage a personal portfolio of corporate prospects and donors, moving prospects through the donor cycle with a focus on maximizing each donor’s journey.
- Prepare proposals, briefing notes and other documents in support of the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Building a prospect list and maintaining relationships with corporate donors in order to create a diverse sales funnel and broaden potential funding base through sponsorship and corporate philanthropy.
- Conduct research on corporate prospects to identify potential matches, determine their capacity and prioritize them based on prospect’s interests and goals.
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies for each prospective and current sponsor/corporate donor, including regular communication throughout the year. Develop and execute sponsorship strategies for signature events while overseeing accuracy of the sponsor information; cultivate corporate prospects and maintain relationships with current sponsors to increase interest in sponsorships and build long-term relationships, with a potential of increasing sponsor level year after year.
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the Foundation to ensure excellence in stewardship.
- Provide excellence in volunteer management.
- Maintain accurate, professional and current records, actions and reports through hard and soft copy files, and within the donor database (Raisers Edge NXT)
- Liaise with Foundation and Hospital staff.
- Support colleagues and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain a high degree of motivation and superior work ethic consistent with the employment philosophy of the Foundation.
- Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Development team and the Foundation.
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the JBHF Values of Collaborative, Innovative, Responsive and Transparent to ensure a great donor experience.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of fundraising experience
- Experience delivering gold standard events, from both a strategic, sales and logistical perspective
- The capacity to work strategically, effectively and collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, build relationships, be articulate and engaging, and motivate prospective donors is essential for this position
- Excellent planning and logistical skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals Proven ability to think strategically and work independently in driving new initiatives or enhancing existing programs
- Demonstrated success in the identification, cultivation, stewardship and direct personal solicitation of corporate gifts Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills to work effectively with senior volunteers
- Knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs and Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising software
- Strong communication, presentation, time-management and organization skills
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation is an asset
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.