Heartache2Hope is currently looking for a Director of Fundraising to be the strategic lead for annual fundraising and donor experience. This person will develop and deliver a revitalized annual fundraising program and provide inspired support to staff, Board Members and volunteers engaged in annual fundraising with the goal of expanding sources of sustainable funding for Heartache2Hope. The incumbent reports to the Executive Director.
Posted On: 2021-05-25
Closing On: 2021-06-04
Location: Oakville, ON
Employment Type: Independent Contractor; Part-time — 24 hours per week; $35/hour; Contract runs from June 1, 2021 – May 31, 2022, with the possibility of extension
Heartache2hope is a leader in suicide loss grief support, redefining grief support services to help individuals heal from traumatic loss, build on resilience and find purpose and meaning in life. We offer a continuum of high-quality supportive services for suicide loss grievers including 12-week Closed Support Groups, semi-monthly Open Groups, Wellness activities, Individual Peer Support, Individual Grief Counselling and specialized Trauma Therapy. We are a small but active Halton-based organization that has been supporting suicide loss grievers since 2014, with consistent annual growth rates of 40% in client base.
Heartache2Hope is currently looking for a Director of Fundraising to join our team and be the strategic lead for annual fundraising and donor experience. This person will develop and deliver a revitalized annual fundraising program and provide inspired support to staff, Board Members and volunteers engaged in annual fundraising with the goal of expanding sources of sustainable funding for Heartache2Hope. The incumbent should be passionate about community services, fundraising and donor stewardship.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Revitalization and implementation of an annual fund development plan, expanding sources of funding
- Achieve annual fundraising targets, as agreed with the ED and Chair of Fundraising Committee
- Develop targeted solicitation strategies, customized proposals, sponsorship packages, briefing documents, grant submissions, and presentations to secure major gifts and sponsorships.
- Lead proactive research and participate in ongoing prospect identification, taking responsibility to acquire new corporate, foundation and community organization donors and upgrade/engage existing donors
- Work collaboratively to develop a mission-driven major fundraising event and supporting materials and communications to donors to inspire participation and support
- Lead on selection, Implementation and maintenance of donor management software and donor database
- Manage a donor relations program to deliver a gold standard acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship experience that bolsters affinity and loyalty
- Implement grant software and lead research into grant proposal selection. Assist with the preparation of grants.
- Prepare ROI measurement analysis and activation reports for sponsors and donors
- Develop and manage fundraising and events budgets
- Ensure accurate and complete tracking of all sources of revenue
- Provide Development leadership to the Fundraising Committee, Board Members and staff
- Degree from a relevant university or college program; CFRE designation is an asset
- Demonstrated experience and proven fundraising success with all aspects of annual fundraising and donor relations
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising best practices and fundraising / grant software
- Strong leadership, team building and solicitation skills
- Must have excellent prospecting skills and proven ability to uncover good leads
- Must bring creative and actionable ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated professionalism in approach and detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a vulnerable group and to develop and cultivate partnerships
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders and to represent the organization in a variety of settings
- Proven leadership and superior organizational and time-management skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including days, evenings and weekends at times
- Provide Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screenings.
The Director of Fundraising role is a part-time position with flexible hours. As the successful candidate you must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends. You will work with a part-time Administrative Assistant and volunteers recruited to provide support for events and fundraising activities.
Applying for this Position
Please apply to Flavia@Heartache2Hope.com by June 4, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
To learn more about Heartache2Hope, visit www.Heartache2Hope.com