This role has an assigned portfolio of individual, corporate and community organization donors and third-party events and is responsible for building strong and productive relationships to maximize revenue generation opportunities. This position also provides a wide range of administrative and office support that requires exceptional organizational talents, database management skills and professional communication in person, by phone and in writing.
Posted On: 2021-07-21
Closing On: 2021-08-06
Location: Hamilton, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a registered charitable organization that exists to support patient care, research and education across the Hamilton Health Sciences family of hospitals and cancer centre (Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre (RJCHC), Hamilton General, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC) and St. Peter’s Hospital).
HHSF is committed to a values-based work environment that is characterized by:
Caring: by our pursuit of a donor centered fundraising environment and the team environment in which we work
Respect: for our donors our volunteers and each other
Innovation: by our celebration of new ideas and challenges
Accountability: by our transparency as a corporate entity and our commitment to meet the needs of our partner hospital.
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raisers Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
Working within this value system the duties of the Development Coordinator will include but not be limited to the description that follows.
Reporting to the VP of Development, the Development Coordinator is a key member of the Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation development team, providing fundraising expertise and administrative support to benefit our mission.
A dedicated fundraising professional, this role has an assigned portfolio of individual, corporate and community organization donors and third-party events and is responsible for building strong and productive relationships to maximize revenue generation opportunities. This front-line support position also provides a wide range of administrative and office support that requires exceptional organizational talents, database management skills and professional communication in person, by phone and in writing.
Specific responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
Fundraising & Community Engagement
- Champion our mission with regional community to identify and cultivate new opportunities to support our revenue generation goals
- Working with HHSF development team, and with support and direction of VP, Development, manage an assigned portfolio of donors including individuals, organizations and third-party events, building engaged relationships that will yield longer term benefits
- Work to achieve fundraising results consistent with the Foundation Guidelines on Expectations of Development Professionals and meet annual expectations for assigned portfolio of donors and prospects
- With a focus on donor relations; engage, cultivate, solicit and steward prospects to support a culture of donors who feel connected, valued and informed
- Attend and participate, as required, at Signature events for the Foundation
- Co-ordinate Business and Community Engagement events, including prompt response to inquiries and facilitate processes according to HHSF policies and protocol
- Maintain donor and prospect records including: entering and maintaining solicitation and donor information, call reports, up to date address and key contact information
- Ensure the tracking and fulfillment of pledges, donor recognition activities, receipting and timely acknowledgement
- Prepare timely and regular donor and fundraising status reports including assisting with gift and pledge data entry
- Undertake prospect research, when required and apply for prospect clearance
- Respond and fulfill In-Lieu and In-Memory donor requests
- Organize and coordinate cultivation and stewardship activities such as meetings, tours and events
- Support the development and mailing of, proposals, letters, reports and acknowledgments for solicitation, cultivation and stewardship of donors
- Respond to donor and volunteer requests as required
- Other duties, as assigned
- Anticipate and prompt VP Development on upcoming donor/management/board meetings and events; provide details and produce related materials
- Manage HHSF and team calendars, as needed
- Arrange travel and conference registrations, as needed
- Provide support for staff and committee meetings
- Draft agendas, collect and distribute meeting materials
- Record, write and distribute minutes of meetings as required
- Provide logistical (transportation, accommodation, meals, AV and registration) and administrative support for meetings
- Maintain electronic filing system(s)
- Liaise with specific suppliers, manage purchases and bill payments and follow-up with finance
- Follow up inquiries and direct calls to the appropriate team members for follow-up
- Liaise with all HHSF staff, as part of integrated team, to engender timely and ongoing communication
- Coordinate special projects, as required
Accountability: Direct: VP, Development
- HHSF Staff
- Hospital Staff
- Post-secondary education in business, event, communications, public relations or related field
- Certificate in development, fundraising or event planning an asset
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in the non-profit/charitable sector
Knowledge, Skill, Abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated superior organization, flexibility, and multi-tasking skills within a team environment
- Act as an ambassador throughout the community, positively representing the Foundation
- High degree of initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks and priortize tasks in a positive and effective manner, meeting critical deadlines
- Outgoing, positive, confident professional with a warm disposition
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of ethical practice
- Ability to condense and package information in a visually appealing and logical manner
- Understand the need for professionalism, discretion and patience when communicating with donors and volunteers
- Accuracy and attention to detail is imperative
- Proficient keyboarding skills and proven in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge/NXT fundraising software an asset
- Experience using social media platforms including facebook, twitter and instagram an asset
Foundation Guidelines on Expectations for Development Professionals:
- A Development Coordinator is a primary relationship manager for a portfolio of 60+ constituents and a sustainable fundraising level target of $200,000-$500,000 annually.
- Currently, we are in Stage 3 of Ontario’s Roadmap to Reopen and HHSF staff are working out of our Foundation offices, located in downtown Hamilton.
- Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a reliable vehicle
- The nature of the work is such that evening and some weekend work is required
- A Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a requirement of employment
- The hiring range for this position is between $37,500 and $55,000, commensurate with experience
Interested applicants please submit your application to Naoka Feth at email@example.com
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline date for receipt of applications is Friday, August 6, 2021 at 4 p.m.