Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy, the Grants Writer will work closely with YMCA Mission & Program leads to identify funding needs and will take the lead on identifying and qualifying select granting opportunities. The Grants Writer will lead proposal development, writing and submissions.
The Grants Writer has excellent writing skills along with strong project and time management skills. The candidate must be highly organized, collaborative, and proactive. Salary Range: $40,000 – $55,000
Posted On: November 1, 2022
Closing On: November 27, 2022
Location: Hamilton Downtown Family YMCA – Fund Development Office -79 James St S, Hamilton, ON
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Salary Range: $40,000 – $55,000
Why work at the Y? Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for personal and professional growth and investments in the health and wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we do:
- Paid Vacation Entitlements that increase with seniority (subject to eligibility)
- Competitive total compensation packages
- Group health and benefits plans (includes medical, dental, and prescription medication, subject to eligibility)
- Generous pension plans with employer matching
- Free YMCA Health & Fitness Memberships
- Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care, Camp, and Child & Youth programs (subject to eligibility)
- Manage public grant writing pipeline and proposal strategies for fund development, in alignment with organizational priorities and case for support.
- Research prospective grants, build a robust pipeline granting opportunities.
- Manage the full grant writing and reporting cycle; grant development, including grant identification & qualification, soliciting, writing and collecting support letters; preparing figures/diagrams; and preparing grant budgets.
- Collect the required information, statistics, analytical and anecdotal data, translate data into strongly articulated content and compelling proposals.
- Work with Program Leads, complete research and develop compelling content for grant proposals that meet grantor requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination and delivery of reporting requirements to funding organizations/specific donors.
Donor Relations and Stewardship with granting organizations.
- Support donor stewardship as a key priority of the Fund Development team.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Successful candidate must possess a degree or diplomat in a relevant field and posses an understanding of grant writing requirements.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in relevant role, grant writing would be an asset.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail to ensure timeliness and accuracy of content; Ability to manage multiple projects & meet deadlines.
- A commitment to professional ethics; ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent oral communication and interviewing skills.
Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievements across the YMCA.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
Establishes a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term work goals.
Teamwork: Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
Relationship Building and Collaboration:Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
Integrity: Demonstrates responsible behaviour at all times and maintains high ethical standards.
Interested applicants, please submit your letter of application and resume by November 27, 2022
Attention: Paul Haddad, Vice President, Philanthropy – Paul.email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.