The Development Officer is an active member of the Georgetown Hospital Foundation’s professional fundraising team, raising funds and awareness through a variety of programs. The Foundation’s small team executes a diversified portfolio of fundraising activities, supported by a strong core of volunteers and Board of Directors. The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform healthcare in the community in the years to come.
Posted On: 2021-04-12
Closing On: 2021-04-25
Location: Georgetown, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
About Georgetown Hospital Foundation
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation partners with our community to build awareness and inspire giving to raise funds for essential equipment and services for Georgetown Hospital. We are grateful for the tremendous support from individuals and businesses in Halton Hills and West Brampton that help the Foundation fund the highest priority equipment, capital and program needs of the hospital.
Our small team executes a diversified portfolio of fundraising activities, supported by a strong core of volunteers and Board of Directors. The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform healthcare in our community in the years to come.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Philanthropy and Events, the Development Officer is an active member of the Georgetown Hospital Foundation’s professional fundraising team, raising funds and awareness through a variety of programs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Together with the event chairs and committees, plan and execute fundraising and stewardship events
- Develop and monitor event budgets and provide frequent updates and projections
- Develop and execute event communication materials
- Facilitate the integration of sponsors into all event activities, including timely recognition
- Manage supplier/vendor relationships as they apply to the execution of each event
- Develop and monitor critical timelines and schedules for event execution
- Oversee management of event volunteers, including recruitment and training
- Coordinate production of materials and resources, in consultation with colleagues
- Analyze event results against goals and past results and make recommendations for future adjustments
- Identify and implement new and improved fundraising methods
- Provide direction and support to community and corporate partner events
Communications and Digital:
- Develop and maintain engagement and social media calendars in collaboration with colleagues and volunteers
- Create and disseminate content across a variety of social media platforms
- Engage with social media activity for all Foundation platforms on a daily basis
- Contribute to the development of social media and digital communications strategies
- Track and report on social media metrics
- Ensure Foundation website content is accurate and up to date
- Tailor proposals to the needs and interests of the donor and sponsor community
- Coordinate content and production for Foundation newsletters and impact reports
- Support individual, team, corporate and community partner fundraising pages
- Lead grant proposal submissions and reporting back to granting organizations
- Participate in stewardship activities including thank you calls, sponsorship reports and donor communication
- Conduct prospect and industry research as required to complete portfolio tasks
- Other duties as assigned to support GHF
Qualifications and Experience
We endeavor to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and excellence which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Completion of a diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university and/or at least three years of related experience. Completion of a Fundraising Management/Special Events diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university is an asset
- Experience with event coordination
- Volunteer management experience including working with volunteer committees
- Expertise with MS Office, digital communications and website management. Familiarity with graphic design and Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Significant knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database an asset
- High level of initiative and strong goal orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to meet multiple deadlines and produce a high quality of work
- Demonstrated self-confidence, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Demonstrated team player; interacts with co-workers, donors, volunteers, physicians, patients and their families in a way that demonstrates that everyone involved with GHF is valuable
- Strong communicator; listens for clarity and meaning, and speaks in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
- Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every colleague, donor and volunteer with understanding and kindness and responds appropriately to the needs of self and others
Other Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be flexible to work non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs. The position is based out of the Georgetown Hospital but currently has a work from home option due to COVID-19
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- A criminal background check and signed confidentiality agreement is required
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and are committed to excellence as we are, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application online by April 25, 2021 via www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a cover letter and current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Georgetown Hospital Foundation will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.