Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager plays a leadership role in supporting and contributing to the efforts of Nutrition for Learning fundraising staff and will be responsible for advancing the mission of Nutrition for Learning by fostering strong relationships with donors, and generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations. In accordance with the funding related objectives and targets laid out in Nutrition for Leaning’s strategic plan, the Funding Development Manager, is responsible for generating fundraising revenue by identifying potential sources of funding, developing, and executing cultivation and solicitation strategies and driving the acquisition of Grants, Corporate Sponsorship, and Individual Donations.
Nutrition for Learning
FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000
Closing: Jan 21, 2022
Full-Time, Senior Level
The incumbent develops, implements, and evaluates strategies to generate revenue through resource development, social enterprise, entrepreneurial thinking coupled with excellent business acumen.
• Oversee donor relations and a development plan by leveraging your experience in individual giving, major gifts, grant writing, events, corporate sponsorship programs and stewardship plans to facilitate fundraising and philanthropy efforts with an overarching goal of bringing in reaching our fundraising goals each year
• Manage all aspects of the fundraising process from research/prospecting and initial approach to development of high-quality funding presentations, applications, and relevant materials to individual, organizational, corporate and grant funders at local, regional, and provincial levels, which also includes evaluation and reporting
• Establish an acquisition plan to cultivate existing and pursue new donors
• Communicate with prospects and donors via email/phone/video conference to secure fund development meetings and enhance relationships
• Manage giving programs, including, major gifts, membership, fundraising campaigns, and alternate funding streams with a goal of increasing gift renewals and attracting new donors
• Work to ensure relevant databases are kept accurate and current
• Ramp up Nutrition for Learning fundraising initiative
• Co-create and build strategic collaborative funding proposals with other organizations in the sector
• Evaluate current recognition matrix and advise on further development
• Contribute to development of promotional materials and fundraising tools across multimedia platforms
• Stay abreast of not-for-profit trends in the marketplace
• Plan and/or support donor events and secure corporate sponsorships
Relationship Management & Stewardship
• Manage and steward relationships with potential, current and past donors, and partners, through tactics, including direct outreach, custom reporting, presentations, and video
• In partnership with the Executive Director and Chair of the fundraising Committee, provide reports and engage Board and other volunteers in fundraising activities
• Coordinate reporting in conjunction with Executive Director and funders reports
• Respond to donor-based inquiries
• Develop, secure, and manage partnerships in collaboration with other staff.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are:
• An agile strategist – you’re passionate about strategic collaboration and shared success. You’re analytical and set clear performance goals. You’re also flexible and adapt to changing circumstances.
• An excellent communicator – you know what it means to act as an ambassador for an organization and you love speaking and networking on its behalf. You get your verbal and written messages across clearly and effectively no matter who your audience is.
• A creative revenue generator – you have a proven ability to think of new and innovative platforms for fund development and are excited to approach new potential prospects.
• An engaged team player who can work cross-functionally in a virtual work environment
• 3-5+ years’ experience in fund development in the not-for-profit sector with a track record of success in securing a range of gifts
• CRFE Designation preferred
• Experience developing and implementing fundraising plans
• Proven experience putting together and packaging successful fundraising / grant proposals for presentation to targeted funders
• Knowledge of development, management and implementation of effective corporate fundraising strategy and associated work plans
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to connect with a range of stakeholders
• Financial acumen and strong strategic thinker
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; proposal writing, public speaking, presentations
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, Gift works or other fundraising databases
• Strong team player who can interact with all staff positions and prioritize diverse needs as required
• Ability to stay independently motivated and productive in a virtual work environment and attend weekly virtual team meetings
• Salary and Benefits: Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience
Salary Range $65,000 to $75,000
Application Procedure: Please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com with the heading: Funding Development Manager