Bethlehem Housing is looking for a dynamic Fund Development Manager, who will help us tell our story and engage donors with our mission to provide affordable housing and supportive services to build quality of life for families and keep them housed. You will engage our donors by building relationships and execute communication strategies that will ignite and inspire giving and motivate our audiences to take the call to action.
Working with a small close-knit, enthusiastic team under the direction of a visionary Executive Director you will meet annual fundraising goals and the long-term needs of the organization for investment in affordable housing development.
Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000 per year commensurate with experience and assets you bring to the organization
Posted On: January 4, 2023
Closing On: February 28, 2023
Location: Niagara Region Ontario / St. Catharines / Niagara Falls
Effective: February 2023
Job Experience: Senior
Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000
What if you could go to your place of employment every day with a renewed sense of purpose and direction, confident in the knowledge that the work you do contributes to solutions for the affordable housing crisis, housing vulnerable people and improving their quality of life? When you work with us as a fundraiser, this could be your life.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant post-secondary degree such as fundraising certification, communications, marketing, public relations
- Exemplary communication abilities with story-telling nature, an outgoing, energetic, yet poised personality
- Strong integrity and ethical business practices
- At least three years of fundraising experience or five years in sales and marketing
- Proven success in asking for and closing major gifts, sales, and corporate partnerships
- Strong leadership skills and high emotional intelligence
- Creative approach to communications/marketing, establishing building relationships/partnerships
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Quick thinker and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Empathetic to organization cause with a passion to make a difference
- Develop and execute a strategic fundraising plan to raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Build upon and steward existing donor relationships
- Cultivate and solicit potential donors, to gain insight into needs, beliefs, and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them and their values
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization and support peer-to-peer fundraising and corporate partnerships
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to support and improve fundraising activities
- Collaborate with the team to create marketing and media materials to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and to identify areas for improvement or where money can be saved
- Competitive group health benefits and RRSP matching program
- Leaves for vacation time and paid sick days
- Hybrid on site and home office workplace
- Outcomes based work plans and correlating flexibility with work schedule
- Supportive leadership and a collaborative team
Hybrid rotation between on site office and work from a home office, mobility to travel and attend in person meetings and events as required through the Niagara Region.
Occasional evening and weekend work hours to attend meetings, events and activities
How to Apply:
Forward by email an expression of interest cover letter and resume that highlights your fundraising achievements and passion for our cause to: Lori Beech, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Posted until filled
Bethlehem Housing and Support Services is a multi-service organization serving the diversified needs of Niagara residents by offering support for individual growth through housing and other focused services. We help people facing the issues of poverty, homelessness, abuse and family breakdown to rebuild their lives through in-house and community supports. Bethlehem Housing and Support Services is one of the largest organizations in the Niagara Region that offers supportive transitional and permanent housing for women, men and families. In addition to our housing programs, each year hundreds of people benefit from our community-based programs.
Mission Statement: Bethlehem Housing and Support Services, in partnership with the community, provides affordable housing and services to support the personal growth of individuals and families.
Vision Statement: Our vision is affordable housing and support services as a cornerstone of a vibrant, caring and inclusive Niagara community.