The incumbent will lead the strategy, teams and relationships that will build skill capabilities, improve processes and grow revenue through Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Middle Donor teams. The Executive Director, Philanthropy Engagement will also hold a small portfolio of top-tier prospects and high net worth donors to lead by example and model best in class major gift practices.
As the Executive Director, Philanthropy Engagement*, you will lead the strategy, teams and relationships that will build skill capabilities, improve processes and grow revenue through Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Middle Donor teams. You’ll be able to refine the strategic direction and establish the priorities for our successful front-line fundraisers nationally. Working collaboratively and synergistically alongside the Director, Philanthropy Enablement Services and other teams in World Vision, you’ll ensure that your Philanthropy Engagement teams are sufficiently equipped so they can spend 80% of their time engaging with donors and prospects. You will also hold a small portfolio of top-tier prospects and high net worth donors to lead by example and model best in class major gift practices. In addition to this being a strategic role focused on readying and equipping your fundraising teams and the President’s office for accelerated Campaign revenue growth, it also champions the full organization’s building of an agile Culture of Philanthropy.
You are a good candidate for this role if you:
- Are a resilient and collaborative leader who can think strategically in a complex, changing global and Canadian context. Our world and our organization are needing to rapidly adapt to external health or political instabilities, global emergencies and our own internal increased use of data-analysis and digital practices.
- Are an even-tempered, balanced and culturally sensitive professional who excels at forging close and productive working relationships with a broad range of cultures, personality types, styles, and perspectives. Proactive towards gender equity and diverse people groups.
*Please note this is an external working title.
- Consistently demonstrate inspiring, collaborative leadership in the development of new major gifts fundraising and stewardship approaches, processes, offerings, and tactics to achieve World Vision’s mission fueled by high, margin revenue growth.
- Provide strategic and motivating leadership to Middle, Major, and Legacy philanthropy teams, ensuring revenue growth while safeguarding cost effective impact and internal compliance.
- Grow High Net Worth opportunities ($100k+) through championing the major gifts strategy through the Executive Office.
- Support and guide numerous senior volunteer committees, providing hands on leadership to the strategic formation, activation and journey of for the purpose of principal gift fundraising, launching a capital-style campaign, and High Net Worth affinity groups for specific projects/causes.
- Collaboratively oversee and personally develop key donor relationships nationally in order to strengthen and grow long-term donations, engagement and voluntarism.
- Together with the Prospect & Pipeline Development team, ensure that Philanthropy Advisor donor pools are balanced and movements between teams in alignment with the prospect clearance process. The prospect clearance process is a mutually agreed process by all the leaders within the business unit and with input from other leaders across the organization, as required.
- Work collaboratively with Director, Philanthropy Enablement Services on annual plans and regular updates on revenue and expenses, budget and forecasts; ensure market facing advisors are equipped with research, predictive modeling, prospects, stewardship and operational support.
- Identify ways to accelerate growth of the World Vision Planned Giving program through increasing uptake of existing offerings and building out more offerings and channels.
- Expand the Middle Donor (annual) program, engage knowledgeably as the expert in moves management to grow Major Gifts and Planned Giving pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Engagement and Foundations teams to ensure best practice engagement approaches, prospect clearance and to opportunistically bring in new leads.
- Provide input into the marketing, digital and IT processes for customized proposals and impact reports, case statements and solicitation materials development.
- Participate in global philanthropy discussions and lead Philanthropy team on emergency appeals.
- Passion for World Vision’s mission, and a commitment to our vision and core values that focuses on God’s heart for people facing poverty and injustice.
- 10+ years consecutively leading large teams, creating data supported plans and improving the plans overtime, and developing donor strategies with staff to yield the donor’s largest gift to date.
- Demonstrated capacity to set strategy, oversee implementation, and drive growth all along the donor giving continuum and across asset offerings.
- Leadership involvement in a major Campaign and new revenue generating initiatives, including establishing and working closely with volunteer committees and Campaign cabinets.
- Extensive experience taking donors through the full donor cycle of transformational gifts and successfully managing relationships over time, achieving donor loyalty and renewals.
- Demonstrated success in crafting and closing large, multi-year solicitations.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience; CFRE would be an asset.
Note: Consideration will be made for those with a combination of the education and experience as described above.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has been retained to conduct this leadership search on behalf of World Vision Canada. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Tara George, Partner/Lead, KCI Search + Talent at WVC@kcitalent.com
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by September 21, 2021.
For full executive brief, please visit www.kcitalent.com
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries. World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Compensation: The salary range for this position is $110,000 – $130,000 plus comprehensive benefits.