Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre (Hamilton Urban Core) is an inner-city health centre that helps thousands of clients through its many programs and services. Founded in 1996, Hamilton Urban Core is a non-profit agency, primarily funded through the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Integration Health Network (LHIN).
Over the years Hamilton Urban Core has worked diligently with individuals and communities to not only change the lives of thousands of inner-city residents, but to also shape a better, healthier city for the client communities served and represented by Hamilton Urban Core. Salary Range: $130,000 – $150,000 + Benefits
Posted On: November 16, 2023
Closing On: January 8, 2024
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
As one of Ontario’s 76 Community Health Centres, Hamilton Urban Core is non-profit, charitable and community-governed, and provides multi-disciplinary interprofessional health care framed by the social determinants of health.
The 74 people of the Hamilton Urban Core team deliver a host of services and programs that enhance the quality of life in the community. These include clinical health and therapeutic services, health education programs (diabetes, oral health, and seniors health). From parenting and cooking to relaxation and managing anger, Hamilton Urban Core provides counselling services for personal and community development. They also help bring the community together with support programs ranging from gardening and breakfasts to laundry and shower services. More information about Hamilton Urban Core is at www.hucchc.com.
We are seeking to meet candidates who have:
· Proven senior management experience as a seasoned leader of a non-profit organization in the community health or social services field, able to work collaboratively and consultatively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
· Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community participation and community-based health care or social services
· Ability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with other community agencies, boards of directors and government agencies
· Demonstrated experience working within anti-racism, anti-discrimination, anti-oppression and equity frameworks
· Lived experience with marginalized communities is an asset
· Knowledge of the greater Hamilton community, the community HUCCHC serves and issues impacting clients
· Experience in managing program development, monitoring, and evaluation
· Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication, negotiation, conflict resolution, decision-making and problem
· Post-secondary education in health care, public administration or equivalent, with relevant work experience
Interested in this role?
This search is being conducted by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by January 8, 2024, please visit https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-273 to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Liz Latimer at Liz@crawfordconnect.com or 416.690.5377 / 1.866.647.5149.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.