The Board of Directors of Child Witness Centre is hiring an Executive Director (ED) to lead the organization, build relationships and to develop and execute new and ongoing initiatives. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED is responsible for Engagement and Advocacy, Revenue Generation, Strategic Planning and Implementation and overall Operations of the Agency. If you are dedicated to doing all you can to meet the individual best interests of the children, youth and families served in Waterloo Wellington, please consider this role. Salary Range: $110,000 – $125,000 (commensurate with experience)
Posted On: April 21, 2023
Closing On: May 12, 2023
Location: Hybrid – Waterloo Wellington
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Senior
Salary Range: $110,000 – $125,000 (commensurate with experience)
The Child Witness Centre (CWC) is a registered charity that has been in existence since 1981, led by a Board of Directors with varied backgrounds and professional expertise. It provides support, education and advocacy to young people who are victims or witnesses of abuse or crime, and their families, in Waterloo Region and Guelph and Wellington County.
In Waterloo Region, MORE THAN TWICE A DAY a young person finds the courage to tell someone about the abuse they have experienced. Further to this, local police press an average of 11 charges PER WEEK for crimes directly harming a child or youth.
Year over year, the demand in the community for CWC’s services continue to increase. Even through the COVID-19 pandemic, it has seen this trend continue. In 2022-23, it anticipates once again helping over 1,700 young people across Waterloo Region, Guelph, and Wellington County.
CWC delivers a vital service to victimized children, youth, and their families. If it didn’t exist, no one would be there to help them navigate the criminal justice system, a system that is often complex, adversarial, and not set up to meet the needs of young victims and witnesses.
What you bring to the role:
- Progressive senior leadership experience (7 years) in a similar sized non-profit organization. Experience to lead, coach, motivate, inspire staff.
- Strategic fundraising experience. As a fundraising generalist, you bring a minimum of 7 – 10 years of progressive fundraising experience in small fundraising shops.
- A relationship builder with excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community
- Knowledge of dealing with different levels of government and sectors in obtaining grants
- Demonstrated track record working with municipal government and major organizations
- Proven partnership building experience
- Experience working within a Board of Governance operating model
- Strong, collaborative decision-maker
- Open to new ideas; ability to identify and effectively steward new opportunities to implementation
- Familiarity with Canada’s charitable sector and the legal framework within which charities act
- Strong change management, communication and organizational skills
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis and decision-making and reporting
- Insight and ability to successfully navigate the ever-changing environment of the community services for children and youth in Waterloo Wellington.
- Knowledge of the current challenges facing Waterloo Wellington and experience addressing these challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle to travel. Must maintain $2 million Third Party Insurance.
- A current Vulnerable Persons Check and a Family and Children Services Check.
What Child Witness Centre offers you in return:
- A competitive salary of $110,000 – $125,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Hybrid working environment
This search is being conducted on behalf of Child Witness Centre by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting non-profit and charitable professionals for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them.
We request all applications be submitted online only.
Key contact: Muneerah Shiraz, Senior Search Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter online in confidence.
To submit your application by May 12, 2023, visit https://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/#/posting/PR-258 and upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.