With exciting plans on the horizon, the Georgetown Hospital Foundation is seeking an Events Officer to lead our special events portfolio along with activities that thank and recognize our generous donors. Projected start is early March, 2023. The position is based out of our offices at Georgetown Hospital with typical weekday hours and flexibility for remote work.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Philanthropy & Events, this is a full-time position with a hiring range of $50,000-55,000, three weeks of holidays, defined benefit pension plan, wellness program, free gym membership, professional development support and other great perks. Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Posted On: January 4, 2023
Closing On: January 22, 2023
Location: Georgetown, Ontario
Effective: March 2023
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Do you love working with a supportive and collaborative team to plan, market and execute a variety of events? Are you energized by no two days of work being the same? If you derive job satisfaction by knowing you are making an impact on the health of our community, consider joining our team!
About Georgetown Hospital Foundation
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation partners with our community to build awareness and inspire giving to raise funds for essential equipment and services for Georgetown Hospital. We are grateful for the tremendous support from individuals and businesses in Halton Hills and West Brampton that help the Foundation fund the highest priority equipment, capital and program needs of the hospital.
Our small team executes a diversified portfolio of fundraising activities, supported by a strong core of volunteers and our Board of Directors. The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform healthcare in our community in the years to come.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Together with event chairs and committees, plan and execute signature fundraising events (currently the Walk or Run for Georgetown Hospital and the Georgetown Hospital Foundation Gala)
- Provide direction and support to community and corporate partner events
- Develop and monitor event budgets
- Tailor sponsorship proposals and personally manage a portfolio of sponsorship prospects
- Facilitate the integration of sponsors into all event activities, including timely recognition
- Coordinate supplier/vendor relationships as they apply to the execution of each event
- Develop and monitor timelines and schedules for event execution
- Manage event volunteers, including recruitment and training
- Coordinate production of event marketing and communications materials and resources, in consultation with colleagues
- Identify and implement new and improved fundraising methods
- Lead planning and execution of stewardship, recognition and education events (donor appreciation/recognition events, donor cultivation events, educational health forums, etc.)
- Oversee and actively participate in donor appreciation program for individual donors
- Coordinate stewardship tactics for corporate and community partners
- Work closely with hospital staff to identify opportunities to demonstrate donor impact
- In collaboration with team members, lead production of Foundation newsletters and impact reports
- Maintain records and lead tactics for donor recognition, such as donor recognition wall and room namings
- Coordinate external suppliers/vendors to produce stewardship materials
- May be temporarily assigned to assist team members during peak periods (gift entry, social media, etc.)
- Ensure all activities and donor interactions are entered into the database in a timely and accurate manner
- Conduct prospect and industry research as required to complete portfolio tasks
Qualifications and Experience
We endeavor to hire individuals who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and excellence which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Completion of a diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university and/or at least three years of related experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Specialized training or certificate in event management or fundraising an asset.
- Solid experience with event coordination and logistics
- Volunteer management experience including working with volunteer committees
- Knowledge of database systems, such as Raiser’s Edge, an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated self-confidence, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Ability to maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude
Other Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- The position is based out of the Georgetown Hospital in a shared office; partial work from home arrangements are available
- Flexibility to work periodic non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
Candidate Selection Process
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter through the Halton Healthcare careers portal (#912001)
- Applicants advanced in the process will be contacted within seven days of the closing date
- The selection process will include a short phone screening interview, an in-person or online interview with a three-person interview panel, and a one-to-one meeting with the Associate Director, Philanthropy & Events, all to be held over a three-week period
- Reference checks will be conducted for the preferred candidate
- A criminal background check and signed confidentiality agreement are required for the preferred candidate
- New hires at Halton Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see below)
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and are committed to excellence as we are, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application online by January 22, 2023 via www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting (#912001) and include a cover letter and current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.