The Donor Services team of at St. Joe’s Foundation is small but mighty; responsible for providing an exceptional donor experience through the timely processing of gifts, issuing of charitable tax receipts and acknowledgment letters, and responding to donor inquiries.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
Donor Services Officer
Full-time, Intermediate level
Reporting: Reports to the Director, Database, Donor Services & Annual Giving
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority
needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton ‐‐ an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed
to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for
more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a
select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
With the increasing pressures upon our healthcare system, the roles of philanthropy, partnerships and
investments from our generous community of donors and friends are more important than ever. As a
Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individual, corporate and foundation donors,
healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital, and the wider community as a whole to
raise funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund
research studies that will inform the future of care. Join us on our inspiring mission to support Hope,
Healing and Discovery at St. Joe’s.
Specific Responsibilities of the Donor Services Officer:
The Donor Services team at St. Joe’s Foundation is small but mighty; responsible for providing an
exceptional donor experience through the timely processing of gifts, issuing of charitable tax receipts
and acknowledgment letters, and responding to donor inquiries. The successful candidate will be a
detail‐oriented self‐starter with strong communication skills and excellent organization skills. The core
responsibilities of the Donor Services Officer will include:
- Daily opening/sorting of mail and scanning into PaperSave, our document management
- Entering donor and gift information into Raiser’s Edge in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generating charitable tax receipts and/or business receipts required per Foundation policies and
procedures and while adhering to Canada Revenue Agency guidelines.
- Coordinating the merging, mailing, signing and printing of thank you letters and donor
correspondence sent in response to specific appeals, tribute notifications, donor driven gifts,
major gifts, and pledge payments.
- Responding to donor inquiries and conducting donor outreach to steward and cultivate donors
and prospective donors.
- Maintaining Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online with donor account/address changes, adding
event attendee information, donor attributes, recognition and mailing preferences.
- Entering event registrations, sponsorships, donations, and gifts‐in‐kind into Raiser’s Edge to
track event revenue and attendance.
- Assisting with monthly financial reconciliation and annual audit.
- Providing support to the Events and Annual Giving departments as required.
- Communicating with donors to renew monthly pledges, coordinating payment methods, and
encouraging stretch giving to reach donor recognition levels and societies.
- Handling all information ethically, accurately and confidentially.
- Assisting with other projects and duties as required to support the Foundation’s goals.
- Providing support to the Foundation reception desk which includes answering phone calls and
taking donations (both in‐person and by phone).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Keen attention to detail and accurate data entry/data processing abilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer/donor service skills
- Proficient letter writing, editing, merging, proof‐reading skills.
- Ability to work on a team and be solutions oriented.
- Demonstrated professionalism, judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive
- Experience with Blackbaud products such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online
- Work/Volunteer experience in non‐profit sector
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines
Salary and Benefits: $42,000 ‐ $53,000
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Application Procedure: Please e‐mail resume and cover letter with heading ‘Donor Services Officer’ to
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal
opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and
support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of
Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for
an interview will be contacted.