The Donor Relations Officer secures financial support and goodwill for the University by developing and managing a portfolio of relationships with qualified donors in order to secure financial resources in support of the strategic vision and mission of the University, as well as further engaging and potentially uplifting giving levels.
Posted On: 2021-08-25
Closing On: 2021-08-31
Location: Ancaster, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
For nearly 40 years, Redeemer University has stood out across Canada for its commitment to a Christian undergraduate
liberal arts and sciences education that develops the whole person. Rooted in a Reformed Biblical worldview, and
including a diverse community representing over 50 Christian denominations, Redeemer seeks to answer the
fundamental questions about where we fit into God’s story while it prepares students to engage in society’s biggest
challenges. A rigorous academic program with an interdisciplinary core is supported by a vibrant community
characterized by caring discipleship. The result is an enriching and transformational educational experience integrating
faith, learning and service.
Redeemer offers 34 majors and streams that lead to either a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Education
or Bachelor of Business Administration degree. Redeemer currently serves over 1000 students and its faculty are
engaged in teaching, service to the community, and research, some of which is supported in part by the Natural Sciences
& Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council of Canada
(SSHRC), and other funding agencies and donors.
A privately funded and publicly chartered institution, Redeemer offers excellent Christ-centred undergraduate teaching,
strong investments in research, rich student-faculty interaction, and unique opportunities for experiential and holistic
learning. As a member of Universities Canada, Redeemer produces graduates who are accepted into graduate programs
across the continent and beyond. In recent national surveys, Redeemer students have ranked the school as one of the
top universities in Canada for overall student satisfaction, especially for providing a nurturing and challenging academic
environment along with its warm on-campus community.
Located on a beautiful 86-acre campus in Hamilton, Ontario, Redeemer operates under a charter from the Government
of Ontario and is a member of Universities Canada (UC), the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), and
the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (CCCC).
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Donor Relations Officer secures financial support and goodwill for the
University by developing and managing a portfolio of relationships with qualified donors in order to secure financial
resources in support of the strategic vision and mission of the University as well as further engaging and potentially
uplifting giving levels.
● Create a strategy for a mid-level caseload with regular touchpoints that include appropriate cultivation, possible
solicitation and stewardship.
● Seek ways to further engage existing donors to inspire deeper levels of engagement resulting in the movement of
donors to other caseloads.
● Maintain stewardship relations for the Student Awards program by coordinating invoices and impact reports for
donors who have established both annual and endowed scholarships under the supervision of the Director.
● Maintain stewardship relations with Christian Reformed Churches (CRC) that support Redeemer under the
supervision of the Director in collaboration with Strategic Relations.
● Document activity in CRM software to ensure data integrity.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
● Donor Relations experience in a not-for-profit setting and a demonstrated history of competence in fundraising.
● Thorough understanding of donor life cycle and principles (discovery, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
● Commitment to representing Redeemer with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism.
● Strong organizational and time management skills.
● Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills required; strong familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or customer
relationship management (CRM) systems and procedures an asset.
● Understanding of, and commitment to Redeemer University (mission, values, and Reformed Christian identity)
● Undergraduate degree, college diploma or comparable combination of education and work experience.
● CFRE certification is considered an asset.
Position Reports to: Director, Donor Relations
Submit Applications to: HR@redeemer.ca (please quote Position Title in Subject line)
Expiry Date: August 31, 2021
Applicants are requested to email their application materials (cover letter, resume, and statement of faith) in one
combined pdf document. The statement of faith should articulate your faith perspective and its relation to the mission of
Redeemer University. A range of qualifications are evaluated including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate
congruence with our identity as a university in the Protestant and Reformed Christian tradition. Only applicants selected
for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of
the selection process.