Reporting to the Director, Donor Relations, the Donor Relations Manager secures financial support and goodwill for the University by developing and managing a portfolio of relationships with donors and qualified donors. The Donor Relations Manager works with a portfolio of qualified donors that reflects multiple stakeholder groups in the community. The Officer is responsible to work independently within the context of a team to achieve individual and department goals set by the Director to achieve the larger strategic initiatives of the University.
Closing Date: Sept 5, 2022
Salary Range: $61,813 – $87,841
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Organization: Redeemer University
- Qualify, cultivate and maintain a caseload of donors as discussed with the Director.
- Create a strategy for each donor with regular touchpoints that include appropriate cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Regularly communicate with the caseload utilizing best-practice methods via face-to-face visits, virtual meetings, phone calls, mailed items and email.
- Documenting activity and relationship management through contact reports and other tasking on Raiser’s Edge to ensure data integrity.
- Take departmental lead in engaging with representatives from Christian Stewardship Services and Link Charity for counsel and information
- Liaise with Donor Relations staff to track and report on planned giving acquisition initiatives, including the creation of follow-up plans for respondents, help to identify warm leads, track responses, and coordinate communication with confirmed and prospective planned giving donors
- Identify and qualify planned giving donors and prospects
- Support Donor Relations staff in preparing planned giving materials and information packages for meetings and events
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications team to market and promote the planned giving program
- Participate in and contribute to regular Donor Relations and External Relations team meetings.
- Advise the Director on upcoming proposal documentation needs for donor solicitation.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations colleagues as necessary to facilitate the ongoing work of the Officer.
- Represent Redeemer at internal and external events as required by the Director.
- Execute and make all travel and other arrangements for visits.
- Seek ways to further engage existing donors to inspire greater levels of giving.
- Participate in professional development opportunities that are made available.
Preferred Skills and Attributes
- Thorough understanding of Donor Relations life cycle and principles (discovery, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
- Commitment to representing Redeemer with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Possess an understanding of marketing principles, donor recognition strategies and planned giving vehicles
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required; strong familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or customer relationship management (CRM) systems and procedures a plus.
Education, Training & Certifications
- Undergraduate degree or combined post-secondary education and relevant work experience.
- MFA-P or CFRE designation is considered an asset.
- 5+ years of donor relations experience in a not-for-profit setting and a demonstrated history of competence in fundraising.
- Understanding of Redeemer University (mission, values, and Reformed Christian identity)
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity to discover passions and interests and relationship management skills
- Sensitivity to handle difficult topics with tact
- Attention to detail and ability to apply knowledge of gift acceptance policies
- Knowledge of ethical conduct and tax laws for charitable gifts
- Ability to use customer relationship management system/database software regularly and with efficiency and accuracy
The Application Process
Applicants are requested to email their application materials (cover letter, resume, and statement of faith) in one combined pdf document. The statement of faith should articulate your faith perspective and its relation to the mission of Redeemer University.